TRD skid plate install on 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport. Help

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
I am waiting for my Victory 4x4 front stand-alone skid plate. They put it on their TRD Sport.

I talked with their tech and it uses the 4 bolts where the retrieval points are located and the other 4 in the rear in the image. I will verify using the factory 4 front bolts when it arrives soon.

Front skid plates are a must with any 4x4 to protect lower front half of engine and cooling package, plus when looking at my naked lower front end, it will slightly improve air flow underneath instead of getting disturbed by lower control arms and exposed cross member, etc..

VT4SD-GN_3.jpg

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
This is my exposed and naked lower front on my TRD Sport. My Corolla has better protection underneath right now until my aluminum plate comes in. See where all the bugs are hitting the crossmember and other parts underneath in the center?

That means debris or rocks from the road can and will strike those points underneath, hence why the skid plate works for street and of course off-road.

thumbnail_20240518_184927.jpg

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
This is my exposed and naked lower front on my TRD Sport. My Corolla has better protection underneath right now until my aluminum plate comes in. See where all the bugs are hitting the crossmember and other parts underneath in the center?

That means debris or rocks from the road can and will strike those points underneath, hence why the skid plate works for street and of course off-road.

thumbnail_20240518_184927.jpg
I had a question about the Victory skid plate you ordered.

If they use the retrieval point bolts can you still put the retrieval hooks back on over the skid plate once you mount it? Looks like they did.

Reactions: oxi

Victory 4x4

BASIC Sponsor
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport
If they use the retrieval point bolts can you still put the retrieval hooks back on over the skid plate once you mount it? Looks like they did.
Yep, sure can.

Reactions: oxi

Groves8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport+ 6M Tacoma
Following, would love to get the TRD skid on my sport, the fabric one on their now will 100% get ripped off this winter from the snow

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
Yes it will...On a truck its weird...I guess to save a buck on the sports..

off topic: I saw my first 4th gen in the wild...it was brightsilver...not a great color for this truck...jmho...no shade...just my thoughts

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Following, would love to get the TRD skid on my sport, the fabric one on their now will 100% get ripped off this winter from the snow
Good point about the snow. I don't need a full on metal skid plate for my Sport, just a heavy plastic one like they have on many cars. There's probably already one out there that would retrofit on the Tacoma. But finding it, that's the issue.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Jesus, put a skid plate on a sport and everyone thinks it's for aesthetics. That's disappointing to see the offroad has an additional cross member, I don't plan on letting the tighter suspension of my Sport stop me from going where a skidplate could come in handy.

Groves8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport+ 6M Tacoma
Good point about the snow. I don't need a full on metal skid plate for my Sport, just a heavy plastic one like they have on many cars. There's probably already one out there that would retrofit on the Tacoma. But finding it, that's the issue.
Yup, I’m going to wait it out for a bit just because there’s a while before winter yet, I don’t plan on off roading a whole lot but Canada gets deep snow and I wanna be able to go through it

geonerdist

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road/2007 Nissan Xterra

bresna

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
I would love to get the Fabric/plastic one from a TRD OR for my TRD Sport. I don't plan to do any offroading, which is why I bought the Sport, nor do I go out when it snows. Not worth the hassle with all the idiots on the road during a dusting. I'm just looking for the better aerodynamics of the OR front skid plate when I take off the chin spoiler.

I still can't figure out if it's plug & play though. The bolt holes look to be the same.

If it's the same, I'd love to take one off of anyone's hands for a few bucks rather than dumping it in the trash.
Sponsored