Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi y'all!
I've had my Bronco a month now. LOVING IT!! I smile all the way to work and back :)
Anyway, wanted to post some pics- I've been following lots of threads about tonneau covers and wanted to post my solution to the ugly and super annoying straps across the back of the door. I was going to try what others have with the super glue and suction cups I've seen on a few threads. I was concerned about the mess I would make with the super glue so I found a different extremely convenient option- see picture below- they're suction cups with screws instead of metal so you don't have to super glue them!!
Ford Bronco tonneau cover 4 door Bronco IMG_2039

I used a leather punch and punched a small hole where the strap should be and screwed in the suction cups! they look great and super easy- no mess :)

Ford Bronco tonneau cover 4 door Bronco IMG_2038
Ford Bronco tonneau cover 4 door Bronco IMG_2037
Ford Bronco tonneau cover 4 door Bronco IMG_2040
Ford Bronco tonneau cover 4 door Bronco IMG_2043

the link on amazon for the suction cups (if interested) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWM24F3G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Thanks for the original idea!! Hope this helps! Erica
Sponsored

CoachWes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 4 dr, Race Red. 2016 Lexus IS200t
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How have the suction cups performed? How long will they stay "stuck" before loosening?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
M-B GLE53 AMG,, Ducati XDiavel, Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi y'all!
I've had my Bronco a month now. LOVING IT!! I smile all the way to work and back :)
Anyway, wanted to post some pics- I've been following lots of threads about tonneau covers and wanted to post my solution to the ugly and super annoying straps across the back of the door. I was going to try what others have with the super glue and suction cups I've seen on a few threads. I was concerned about the mess I would make with the super glue so I found a different extremely convenient option- see picture below- they're suction cups with screws instead of metal so you don't have to super glue them!!

I used a leather punch and punched a small hole where the strap should be and screwed in the suction cups! they look great and super easy- no mess :)

the link on amazon for the suction cups (if interested) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWM24F3G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Thanks for the original idea!! Hope this helps! Erica
Outstanding! Where might one procure such cups? and what material are they? stainless available or some other non rusting metal?

OP
OP
Br0nc0babe2021
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The screws are stainless so they won't rust!

I put the amazon listing in my post but here it is again! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWM24F3G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I picked the black nuts bc they would blend into the cover better. I'm going to also try this with the bimini top as well instead of those straps around the roll bar. i'll post pics of that when I'm done :)

OP
OP
Br0nc0babe2021
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How have the suction cups performed? How long will they stay "stuck" before loosening?
They stuck so well when I trialed it that I had a hard time getting them off! definitely easier with the cover

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome. I didn’t know about the screw type cups. Much better than hot glue. Do you think the suction cups are gonna scratch the finish of the tailgate?

OP
OP
Br0nc0babe2021
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think I so. They’re plastic and smooth. No metal- even the screws aren’t all the way through the suction cup :) I’ll update if anything changes though!

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t think I so. They’re plastic and smooth. No metal- even the screws aren’t all the way through the suction cup :) I’ll update if anything changes though!
Thank you. I’ll be going this route when everything comes in. Thank you.
Sponsored