Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hoping someone has already found a solution / work around or maybe we can figure this out together.

Trying to find a solution for opening the garage door. Have access to Alexa and Google home. My garage door is a Genie with Aladdin connect. I can connect to both, but it has weird interactions with Sync.

With Sync you have to disable CarPlay to use Ford + Alexa. It works, but very clunky.

For Google home I can use assistant on my phone and it works, but It would be so much better with a button or something on the dash to open it.

I know 1st world problems… at least you have your ronco… just Velcro the remote to the rear view mirror…. Yes all true, but this forum has been so amazing! I figured collectively we can do anything, so let’s figure this out for everyone.

All the best and it really is worth the wait! Sending good vibes to all those without their Bronco 🍻💜
Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartyJones

SmartyJones

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota 4Runner Trd Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about something like IFTTT + a geofence around your house?
Have not thought of that. Do you mind explaining a little more?

I’m not the most tech savvy 😜

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have not thought of that. Do you mind explaining a little more?

I’m not the most tech savvy 😜
IFTTT is a service that allows you to tie various services together via their API's to do simple tasks. For example, "Fire up this playlist on spotify when I get on this one really fun road". I fear I spoke too soon though, as it seems that nothing that Ford has is available on the service (BMW/Subaru and a few others are).

However, Google home can do things based on location and you might be able to set up an automation that opens the genie door when you get onto your home wifi or something.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs