First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have rallied (as a co-driver, then a driver) and rallycrossed. The Volvo was better-prepared than the M3 (though the M3 is GREAT on gravel!!!). I’m thinking my Badlands would be fun but painfully slooooooww but I DO want to try it next winter on road rallies!

If you’re serious about rallycross, go to a local one and see if you can share a car with someone, maybe pay their entry fee along with yours. Also go online to see what cars are competitive in each class, based on the SCCA Rallycross natiinal championship. You’ll also want to pick a level of preparedness based on your budget, anywhere from a stock Civic with snowtires up to a caged stage rally car with full rally tires (they’re AWESOME!!!).
Ford Bronco SCCA RallyCross? IMG_1090
Ford Bronco SCCA RallyCross? 009
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Join SCCA and volunteer as a worker. You will learn a lot about the style of racing, meet some incredible people and have a good understanding of the game before you jump in.
FYI, I was asking specifically about the Bronco, not the SCCA or Rallycross in general.

I'm very familiar with racing, SCCA, NASA Spec E30, Gridlife, etc.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FYI, I was asking specifically about the Bronco, not the SCCA or Rallycross in general.

I'm very familiar with racing, SCCA, NASA Spec E30, Gridlife, etc.
If you are that familiar why would you even be asking about a Bronco for rallycross? The Bronco would be more at home at KOH or desert racing.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are that familiar why would you even be asking about a Bronco for rallycross? The Bronco would be more at home at KOH or desert racing.
Unfortunately deserts don't tour around the US like they used to :(

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aonarch

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Go argue with someone else.

I simply asked if anyone had participated in a Rallycross in a Bronco. It isn't a complicated question.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had my Bronco on the tail of the dragon and felt it did really well. I really pushed it hard too.
I also have a Focus RS and obviously handles better than the Bronco. I have dirt drag raced my Bronco and won my class. my dream is to have adjustable suspension and some big sticky summer tires for the bronco just to see how it will do on the turns. Id say taking it to autocross would be a blast! I wouldn't be ashamed to take my bronco to an SCCA event. I know it would be fun ant that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think!
Sponsored