Sponsored

Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for?

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's finally time for me to order a rack. I checked on this months ago and the Zroads is still confusing re: the panels. Can anyone confirm?

BadAss -Front and center roof panels removable with rack installed
TrailRax - Front and center roof panels removable with rack installed
Valkyrie - Allows for removal of roof panels without needing to remove the rack (assuming this means front and center)

Zroadz - Q/A :
Q. Can you remove the factory hard top panels while the rack is on the vehicle?
A. ZROADZ Team ā€¢ Our Bronco Roof Rack will only work with the hard top installed.
(Safe to assume they mean the back section?)
Q. Can this rack be easily removed if/when the roof panels are removed?
A. ZROADZ TEAM ā€¢ Hello, we received a call from a customer just his week telling us they removed the panels with no issues!
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's finally time for me to order a rack. I checked on this months ago and the Zroads is still confusing re: the panels. Can anyone confirm?

Valkyrie - Allows for removal of roof panels without needing to remove the rack (assuming this means front and center)

Zroadz - Q/A :
A. ZROADZ Team ā€¢ Our Bronco Roof Rack will only work with the hard top installed.
(Safe to assume they mean the back section?)
A. ZROADZ TEAM ā€¢ Hello, we received a call from a customer just his week telling us they removed the panels with no issues!
I was also under the impression that the ZROADZ rack didn't allow the middle panel to come off, but I cannot confirm personally.

Don't forget about the JCROffroad rack as another option.

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was also under the impression that the ZROADZ rack didn't allow the middle panel to come off, but I cannot confirm personally.

Don't forget about the JCROffroad rack as another option.
Yep forgot Jcr, thanks

Zroadz - Q/A:
A. ZROADZ Team ā€¢ Our Bronco Roof Rack will only work with the hard top installed. ( assuming they mean the back section)
JcrOffroad - Front and center roof panels removable with rack installed
PRINSU - Do not believe itā€™s possible based on images of rack installed, I.E. no clearance

OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, got my money back from Ford. Gave up waiting, given no delivery date since March. Money is back in the bank and now saving up for an aftermarket alternative; itā€™ll be 3x the price after import and delivery charges, but what can you do. To all manufacturers, please let us know if you get to use Canadian distributors, itā€™ll definitely cut the cost. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An update: gave up waiting and pulled the pin and going direct with the TrailRax TMRR with all the trimmings that include the Pakrax, Rotopax gas and water, Heretic lightbar plus the axe and shovel carrier. Heston at TrailRax was awesome and extremely helpful throughout the international purchase process.

Iā€™m also looking at purchasing the Hammer Built tailgate reinforcement with ARC traction board bracket and WeBoost with antenna mount; again Tyson at HB has been great; both companies very professional throughout.

Iā€™m dreading the customs and duty on all thisā€¦ Shame that there are no dealers here in Oh Canadia selling these quality products but Iā€™ll have to suck it up and pay the necessaries.

Sponsored

Bend82

Big Bend
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler YJ, Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the TrailRax full rack looks the best, but I opted for @JcrOffroad half rack on my two door, which is a single-piece construction and doesn't have any concern about modular weakness TrailRax noted in its comment above (ha! - shots fired).

So far I've been really happy with it. It's pretty ideal for me, as a weekend warrior that doesn't need gobs of permanent loaded weight, like an overland tent. It was plenty of space/capacity for extra cargo, recovery boards, and some rotopax. I also like that it doesn't bolt into the frame or the windshield, so I can go completely topless when the mood strikes. It's also my daily-driver in an urban environment, and with my 2" lift and 35" tires, finding garage space can be a bit of a white-knuckle experience. With the rack on, I can fit in a 6'8" garage easily. You do sacrifice weight capacity, as I mentioned, but again, it's a good-looking, pretty rugged compromise that is ideally suited for my needs.

OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well folks, itā€™s been a year in the waiting for a roof rail system but @TrailRax was the preferred option where my order has now arrived! Awesome service by Heston and team throughout.

So for my Canadian friends, take the US fee, x 1.3 conversion, then x HST/GST + PST and two $150 brokerage fees that equates to CA$550 on a $3200 purchase šŸ˜¬. Sucks but what do you do!

Itā€™s only -10C today with no heating in the garage so I may have to wait a month or so before putting this on the Bronc. Iā€™m sure everything is in order but I couldnā€™t resist a quick look in. I may get a heater in there to get the build on the go. Also received the 23Zero awning and just waiting on the rear @Hammerbuilt reinforcement bracket with Weboost and traction board mount to fit before the Moab trip. Will keep you all posted!
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? 4E006FC5-5C4B-4CBD-B792-3ED6F1C02AD6

OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well here it is, worked on it today with my son and super happy with the result. Just need to finish up the electrics for the Heretic light bar; thatā€™ll be next weekend. I went with the RotoPax water and gas plus the shovel/axe mount on each of the PacRax. I also bought the roof handles as well, will come in handy once storage goes up there. Again, I reached out to Trailrax, yes on a Sunday, and got the support I needed to finish the install. Sorry for the that TR but greatly appreciated! If anyone has any questions, please fire your questions at me!
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? 52C05CFD-01BE-4B6F-8059-F60802B9F73E

Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? 8F38A525-B010-4D83-8FC3-67D20653EA21
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? BD0E38B2-9FBD-46FA-87F0-731EE9EB5EE6

Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? 29BA0E01-63AB-4308-8DCD-1588485A125D

181E3DE9-C459-44CD-8801-68EBCC1E6E1C.jpeg

Last edited:

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been waiting for Front Runner, but they've disappointed me that it's not available as of today!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tang71

Tang71

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey folks.
Just an update and some instructions for other folks wanting to do this. Today, I decided to temporarily fit the 23Zero 270 Peregrine Awning using the TrailRax mini mounting brackets to the TMRR.

First, I repositioned one of the grab handles to the opposite side of the Bronco then prepared the mounting brackets.

The mounting bracket bolt holes (x2) at the top and (x1) centre slot need to be increased slightly to receive the 3x M8 bolts. Fairly easy for the upper bolt holes but the centre slot would be a little tricky if you donā€™t have a workbench. Finish up by painting the bolt holes.

Apply the awning mounts to the TrailRax frame. The design of the mounting brackets is perfect where they integrate with the extruded cross beams and the side rail where 4x 1/4ā€ bolts, washers and spring loaded T nuts are used for each bracket.

Make sure the awning is placed so the hinged points of the canopy are at or slightly extended a little beyond the TMRR to allow for unimpeded rotation.

Now you simply (ha, the most difficult task) lift the awning, siting the three bolts with appropriate washers located on the awning rail back plate to each of the mounting brackets. I used a sprung and flat washer on the awning side with a flat and nylon nut on the rear of the mounting bracket. Youā€™ll need at least two folks to put the awning up and into position then finish up the necessary ratcheting.

Once completed we opened up the awning to check it out, stretched it plus made a recording to ensure correct storage occurs.

One final item to add, the DMOS Delta Compact shovel arrived and is now locked in and tight with the Friskars axe using the TrailRax mount and supplied foam pads and rubber trim. Shout out also to @offgridwilderness for many items purchased for our Bronco build.
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4843
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4836
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4846
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4843
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4836
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4846
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? IMG_4847

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey folks.
Just an update and some instructions for other folks wanting to do this. Today, I decided to temporarily fit the 23Zero 270 Peregrine Awning using the TrailRax mini mounting brackets to the TMRR.

First, I repositioned one of the grab handles to the opposite side of the Bronco then prepared the mounting brackets.

The mounting bracket bolt holes (x2) at the top and (x1) centre slot need to be increased slightly to receive the 3x M8 bolts. Fairly easy for the upper bolt holes but the centre slot would be a little tricky if you donā€™t have a workbench. Finish up by painting the bolt holes.

Apply the awning mounts to the TrailRax frame. The design of the mounting brackets is perfect where they integrate with the extruded cross beams and the side rail where 4x 1/4ā€ bolts, washers and spring loaded T nuts are used for each bracket.

Make sure the awning is placed so the hinged points of the canopy are at or slightly extended a little beyond the TMRR to allow for unimpeded rotation.

Now you simply (ha, the most difficult task) lift the awning, siting the three bolts with appropriate washers located on the awning rail back plate to each of the mounting brackets. I used a sprung and flat washer on the awning side with a flat and nylon nut on the rear of the mounting bracket. Youā€™ll need at least two folks to put the awning up and into position then finish up the necessary ratcheting.

Once completed we opened up the awning to check it out, stretched it plus made a recording to ensure correct storage occurs.

One final item to add, the DMOS Delta Compact shovel arrived and is now locked in and tight with the Friskars axe using the TrailRax mount and supplied foam pads and rubber trim. Shout out also to @offgridwilderness for many items purchased for our Bronco build.
great work and writeup. Love that awning

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ll be waiting till the prices drop substantially. I canā€™t see spending $1000+ on a roof rack thatā€™s laser cut out of flat stock and assembled with extruded aluminum (80/20).

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AVAILABLE NOW for all 4-door models and 2-door option coming soon.

The RAKET roof rack is an innovative and versatile solution for carrying all kinds of cargo on the roof of your Bronco. It has been designed with durability, ease of use, and aerodynamics in mind.

One of the key features of the RAKET roof rack is its modular design, which allows you to customize it to fit your specific needs. The new RAKET offers a friendly design readily available for a variety of accessories, such as roof top tents, bikes, kayaks, or cargo boxes, to create a fully customized system that suits your individual needs.

The RAKET roof rack is also incredibly durable, thanks to its high-strength polymer/steel slide system. Itā€™s fastened to an aluminum constructed, corrosion-resistant basket. Itā€˜s been tested to withstand high load capacities, making it customizable for your build.

Feel free to visit www.raketdesigns.com to stay updated on all the roof rack news.

47CA3AC8-FE74-45F6-B566-03AF7A2E27AC.jpeg

3C0B5C34-A923-4189-914E-1B55A808802D.jpeg

8121B7B3-E555-43E3-962F-56BFBD7A6736.jpeg

1D90CE03-DBC5-4B06-9FF2-87C98086FFE3.jpeg

99D9EDB2-649A-4339-A97A-38EB1C1B7C82.jpeg

D5EE6C67-610D-4D6D-A6BF-BF143682C8B1.jpeg

A8469C86-AED4-422D-B36B-B65B9B4EF6F2.jpeg

640ED874-0FD7-4A9E-A4AD-838CBC0F0330.jpeg

17308C21-D115-4E11-8DDF-C9CDC8A030FF.jpeg

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not opposed to spending money,just not wasting it! I saw the prices of roof racks + bronco tax and iam making my own out of stainless .
Ford Bronco Roof Rack Solutions - What have you opted for? 20230324_152329
Sponsored