Sponsored

Ripped marine grade vinyl. How to fix / repair?

Bronco-Israel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey there, my badlands upholstery got ripped, anyone had this issue? How to fix this? Is there a DIY? Any ideas?
Thanks.
Ford Bronco Ripped marine grade vinyl. How to fix / repair? a60c05d4-4204-4014-923b-d697c42515a7
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only post this pic to help others looking at this thread. Do not slide off of seat getting out. Get butt off the seat to get out. This is my Ford work vehicle. Seats can’t handle it.

IMG_7311.jpeg

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I only post this pic to help others looking at this thread. Do not slide off of seat getting out. Get butt off the seat to get out. This is my Ford work vehicle. Seats can’t handle it.

Ford Bronco Ripped marine grade vinyl. How to fix / repair? IMG_7311
Maybe instead of a hoist for my top, I need a hoist for me. Given the seating situation, I'm not sure how I'd get out if I didn't slide my butt/legs some to get my foot on the step! :unsure:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe instead of a hoist for my top, I need a hoist for me. Given the seating situation, I'm not sure how I'd get out if I didn't slide my butt/legs some to get my foot on the step! :unsure:
I’ve trained myself to not slide out full weight off seat to the ground. I knew the ripping seats were going to happen.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’ve trained myself to not slide out full weight off seat to the ground. I knew the ripping seats were going to happen.
I try not to just spin and flop out as this has been brought up enough times but I still find it to be a PITA to get out without sliding a bit when getting my drivers side leg out.

Maybe I need a better trainer!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I try not to just spin and flop out as this has been brought up enough times but I still find it to be a PITA to get out without sliding a bit when getting my drivers side leg out.

Maybe I need a better trainer!
Low rollbar doesn’t help exiting either

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I feel cracking is inevitable with vinyl seats. I reach over and grab the top of the roll bar with my right hand and lift myself up and over the seat edge while stepping on the running board with my left foot. Graceful as a one legged duck but it works.

I also took a strip of thick rubber/foam seal and put it between the seat and the knife like edge of the seat panel where the seat controls are. It keeps the plastic from creasing the MGV and hopefully adds life.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RESTOR-IT Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit: For Leather and Vinyl

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where running boards help. And telling frequent passengers to lift themselves instead of sliding out.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think the solution might be swivel seats. I had an old Thunderbird that had seats that swiveled to allow me to get out easily. Think steering wheel moved out of the way too ! 1963 Thundetbird Landau ! Been abou 50 + years. That put less pressure on edges ! Had similar problems on seat on my Honda GL1800. Vinyl isn't very forgiving ! Sun on seat probably causes issues too with UV and Heat !

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited REB
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think the solution might be swivel seats. I had an old Thunderbird that had seats that swiveled to allow me to get out easily. Think steering wheel moved out of the way too ! 1963 Thunderbird Landau ! Been about 50 + yearssince I had it !
That put less pressure on edges ! Had similar problems on seat on my Honda GL1800. Vinyl isn't very forgiving ! Sun on seat probably causes issues too with UV and Heat !