First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 F150 Raptor, 2020 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Brought my new 23 braptor home and by the end of the week started hearing a squeeling noise in right rear. Starts at 1 mph rolling under idle power and continues with rotation and NO braking. Sound increases in decibil level as you drive. Definitely not related to the engine; only during wheel/tire rotation in both forward and reverse directions. Sounds like the e-brake maybe sticking on left drivers side and a pad maybe rubbing on the disc.

Anyone had this problem?

Ford service appointment next Saturday.
Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check for a rock stuck between rotor and backing plate.

OP
OP
Pattertjp

Pattertjp

Raptor
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks, will check it out.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not important but you said right, then left. Noise from both sides just different sound?

All disc brake pads drag a slight amount, but a constant squeal is definitely not normal.

OP
OP
Pattertjp

Pattertjp

Raptor
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Gravel stuck between backing plate and disc. Thank you, problem solved. Saved a trip to Ford! 🇺🇸

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Check for a rock stuck between rotor and backing plate.
Unfortunately this seems to be a common on the Raptor. I had it happen several times while off roading but never experienced it in my Badlands nor Heritage. I think the backing plate/dust shield is wider at the top than bottom so debris can enter between the shield and rotor but can get out. I used a screwdriver to push the bottom of the shield and the rock fell out and subsequently bent the plate back a bit to allow more clearance and all has been well since.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately this seems to be a common on the Raptor. I had it happen several times while off roading but never experienced it in my Badlands nor Heritage. I think the backing plate/dust shield is wider at the top than bottom so debris can enter between the shield and rotor but can get out. I used a screwdriver to push the bottom of the shield and the rock fell out and subsequently bent the plate back a bit to allow more clearance and all has been well since.
Interesting. We get cars every so often in the shop complaining of a brake noise, only to find a rock, or evidence of a rock stuck on the brakes. Weird that it's more or less common on the Braptor.
Sponsored