First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4 Door Sasquatch, 2021 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When we test drove our 4 door, my daughter was in the driver side rear seat. During the drive, the warning chime kept going off, at an irregular timing, over and over for the drive. I kept asking her to buckle up and she said she had. I assumed she bucked into the center seat buckle.

We took our first drive as a family last week and for the entirity of the several hour drive, that same chime kept going off. Maddening!

I tried the trick in the manual to turn off the chime, but it only works on the front seats. If I sit in the rear seat with the buckle latched and pull up and down on the buckle receiver, it will goo off when I pull up and stop when I let go. Anyone else have this issue? I assume I need a new buckle, but is there any way to silence this thing so I can at least wait til the first oil change?
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d try Forscan. I turned off all the belt minder chimes with it, and now the only notification I get is a warning on the dash if my kids unbuckle. For that I have to restart the rig to reset.

OP
OP
Plaidfinger

Plaidfinger

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d try Forscan. I turned off all the belt minder chimes with it, and now the only notification I get is a warning on the dash if my kids unbuckle. For that I have to restart the rig to reset.
Tried that and no luck. And to make it even worse, every time it chimes, the warning slides onto my display and shrinks everything. If I hit ok to dismiss, it pops right back up the next time she moves and the chime starts again. Not sure if there's a way to open the buckle up without breaking something or causing warranty issues.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried that and no luck. And to make it even worse, every time it chimes, the warning slides onto my display and shrinks everything. If I hit ok to dismiss, it pops right back up the next time she moves and the chime starts again. Not sure if there's a way to open the buckle up without breaking something or causing warranty issues.
Hmm, sorry man, that sounds like it’s a faulty sensor or wiring to the sensor. Dealership will have to help you out.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When we test drove our 4 door, my daughter was in the driver side rear seat. During the drive, the warning chime kept going off, at an irregular timing, over and over for the drive. I kept asking her to buckle up and she said she had. I assumed she bucked into the center seat buckle.

We took our first drive as a family last week and for the entirity of the several hour drive, that same chime kept going off. Maddening!

I tried the trick in the manual to turn off the chime, but it only works on the front seats. If I sit in the rear seat with the buckle latched and pull up and down on the buckle receiver, it will goo off when I pull up and stop when I let go. Anyone else have this issue? I assume I need a new buckle, but is there any way to silence this thing so I can at least wait til the first oil change?
Hi there. This chime concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end

Sponsored
OP
OP
Plaidfinger

Plaidfinger

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi there. This chime concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end
PM sent

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Either the seat belt assembly needs to be changed, a wire is tied down or there’s a loose ground. Take it to a dealer.

akh2ogeek

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had my bronco since September but don’t have kids. So when friends got in the back seat recently this happened. Talk about ANNNOYING. How did you finally fix this issue?
Sponsored