First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To set the stage.... love the Raptor! Hands down its a beast.

Had some time on trails this past weekend, after doing some rock crawling and donuts car shut off handful of times. But started right up with no issue & no check engine light either.

My wild guess is this, when i was doing donuts it was trying to shift to next gear and that load for the engine was "too much"? And then similar thing happens when we did some rock crawling.

I fear it shutting off and rolling down hill with no control because the car is shut off.

Any suggestions on what this might be?
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe body control thinks it’s an imminent rollover and cuts fuel.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe body control thinks it’s an imminent rollover and cuts fuel.
Years ago I had an '88 Mustang GT with the EFI 5.0. It had a sensor, with a reset switch in the trunk, that cut off the fuel pump in event of an impact or high G forces. I was autocrossing it and in a mid-speed cone course it shut off. No power, no power steering. Engine would crank but not start. Pushed the reset button and all was fine again. 35 years later maybe they have a refined version of this switch embedded into the stability control or ABS?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How much fuel did you have during the donuts? Fuel could have sloshed away from the pickup. That probably wouldn't explain it cutting out rock crawling though unless it was only on low fuel.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Possible loose battery/electrical connections.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To set the stage.... love the Raptor! Hands down its a beast.

Had some time on trails this past weekend, after doing some rock crawling and donuts car shut off handful of times. But started right up with no issue & no check engine light either.

My wild guess is this, when i was doing donuts it was trying to shift to next gear and that load for the engine was "too much"? And then similar thing happens when we did some rock crawling.

I fear it shutting off and rolling down hill with no control because the car is shut off.

Any suggestions on what this might be?
Hey, Dan! Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this concern regarding your Bronco shutting off.
Sponsored