cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out our kits than - made here in the USA and (as far as I know) we are the only ones who use stainless steel for our brackets AND powder cost them (so it’s not just normal steel that can rust)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/
I'm sure yours are great but try not to make that claim unless you know. Heretic is made in Utah (USA) and if you look at their site, you'll see the steel process. They are very sharp. To each their own.

Right from their site:

• IP68 rated Stainless steel mounts
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure yours are great but try not to make that claim unless you know. Heretic is made in Utah (USA) and if you look at their site, you'll see the steel process. They are very sharp. To each their own.
I never stated Heretic was not made in the USA. I stated that (as far as I know) we are the only ones who use stainless steel for our brackets AND powder cost them.

Everybody else uses regular steel (which can rust) with a coating. But if you've ever installed anything outside on a vehicle you know that coatings get hit all the time from road crap and if it's not stainless, it's going to rust.

Also, the " IP68 rated Stainless steel mounts " is pertaining to their lights and the tiny brackets that come with the lights. Nobody knows what their triple mounts are made of that bolt to the Bronco. They don't list specs on that.

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check out our kits than - made here in the USA and (as far as I know) we are the only ones who use stainless steel for our brackets AND powder cost them (so it’s not just normal steel that can rust)

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/
I just confirmed with Heretic that all of their brackets are stainless steel and the customer has the option to powder coat or not, after showing them your post. Not an argument, just thought I'd pass it along. I looked and looked for a minimalist look that was more streamlined and fell for these. To each his own.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just confirmed with Heretic that all of their brackets are stainless steel and the customer has the option to powder coat or not, after showing them your post. Not an argument, just thought I'd pass it along. I looked and looked for a minimalist look that was more streamlined and fell for these. To each his own.
Do you know if Heretic sells their bracket separately? I already have Diode Dynamics lights I want to use.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bronco671

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Adam,

Can you take a picture of your mounting plate both the videos you posted from Baja designs do not have that plate. Alsoo are you able to sell the plate seperate?
Thanks

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adam,

Can you take a picture of your mounting plate both the videos you posted from Baja designs do not have that plate. Alsoo are you able to sell the plate seperate?
Thanks
Baja Designs does not sell their brackets/plates separate. You don't need their off-set mount unless you are running XL Series.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not a fan on how the 2 bolts are holding that plate in the air although the mount does look cool.
I own the bronco in pic and can say its very sturdy - you have more options with riser bolt plate to flip turn left right inside outside before even mounting the swivel , gives endless mounting options - other than a fixed bracket mount wont have that freedom.

MOON

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you mount lights there without a bracket if the lights themselves have it? Like is it a standard size from Ford? Have some Rigid lights from my Jeep that I'd like to use.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pilar light mounts 71EEE000-3488-47CE-9B21-56B342ADC839

I really like these BAM mounts, need the swivel plus the bracket, spendy, but look sharp
https://juggernautpower.com/products/bam-swivel-mounts-universal?variant=41018457981110
I like where they were going with this and the quality of the parts. But I can tell just by looking at that photo, those lights are bouncing all over the place. Too many raised up support areas for the light to bounce around/flex on.

For my $$, having them bolted right to the mirror support is the best option. You have the most surface area and nothing extended in the area to flex. Baja Designs provides their off-set mount for XL Series so that they don't hit your antenna, but that's a flat piece of steel that sits flat, so no flex.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like where they were going with this and the quality of the parts. But I can tell just by looking at that photo, those lights are bouncing all over the place. Too many raised up support areas for the light to bounce around/flex on.

For my $$, having them bolted right to the mirror support is the best option. You have the most surface area and nothing extended in the area to flex. Baja Designs provides their off-set mount for XL Series so that they don't hit your antenna, but that's a flat piece of steel that sits flat, so no flex.
Well, good insight, and I do trust your opinion. (y)
Sponsored