Sponsored

Paint code for Raptor fenders and rear door trim?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I found it. According to HVBOM it is…..

Phoenix Black! There’s actually 3 black paints on the Raptors. Well 4 of the base is black.
Great! Let me guess, no paint code?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I found it. According to HVBOM it is…..

Phoenix Black! There’s actually 3 black paints on the Raptors. Well 4 of the base is black.
But is that an actual paint? Or is it just molded and they call it phoenix black?
I still don't think the factory black flares are actually painted, otherwise the part number would have been PTM the whole time.

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great! Let me guess, no paint code?
You are correct! Our body shop doesn’t have it listed, our body shop is kinda, um, not up to date. So my parts guy is calling another Ford body shop nearby that may help

OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But is that an actual paint? Or is it just molded and they call it phoenix black?
I still don't think the factory black flares are actually painted, otherwise the part number would have been PTM the whole time.
According to HVBOM it is. It lists the painted color as Phoenix Black, along with 2 other blacks which I forget right now.

So the way I understand it. Up until the 2024 model year if you ordered fenders or this door trim it must have come molded or pre painted? But I’ve never seen for pre paint something unless it was the Explorer satellite antenna issues a couple years ago, but now they specifically say paint to match under ECat or the parts system.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to HVBOM it is. It lists the painted color as Phoenix Black, along with 2 other blacks which I forget right now.

So the way I understand it. Up until the 2024 model year if you ordered fenders or this door trim it must have come molded or pre painted? But I’ve never seen for pre paint something unless it was the Explorer satellite antenna issues a couple years ago, but now they specifically say paint to match under ECat or the parts system.
I just gave this info to my BS manager to try and find a code or mix recipe. We use Axalta/Spies Hecker so if he comes up with something I'll post it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just gave this info to my BS manager to try and find a code or mix recipe. We use Axalta/Spies Hecker so if he comes up with something I'll post it.
Hopefully your BS has better luck. Both my shop and the other local one can’t find it anywhere in Fords colors. Did a spray test and the metallic flakes they did the first time are too small. Color is close but flakes are too small. They are going to try again this afternoon with more flake.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully your BS has better luck. Both my shop and the other local one can’t find it anywhere in Fords colors. Did a spray test and the metallic flakes they did the first time are too small. Color is close but flakes are too small. They are going to try again this afternoon with more flake.
Wonder if it's just a permutation of Tuxedo Black they tweaked.

ETA: Our painter is going to scan the raptor we have on the lot and try to find a chip to match.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dabbs

Raptor
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wonder if it's just a permutation of Tuxedo Black they tweaked.

ETA: Our painter is going to scan the raptor we have on the lot and try to find a chip to match.
Well he brought a spray card over and as far as I can tell he got it pretty close. He brought it over to me at the main shop so he didn’t have the formula with him but I’ll get it Monday and tell you the mix we came up with.

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
from the way they look they are like a cladding color they are painted from the factory but of course ford and other manufacturers do not really give a code for what color it is i have a raptor in the shop now and they want to repair the rear flare as it is scuffed and needs painted i told them to replace it because trying to make it match the others is going to be time consuming and will probably never be the same as the rest they ordered the front one and it did come in the right color a matte black metallic so if anyone gets what the code actually is it would help alot

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My paint guy left early Fri but is supposed to scan sometime today.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These flares are something else, PITA. I just black matte wrapped all 4 of mine, cheaper than trying to paint/fix match one.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should be able to cross this with any of the major paint companies.
Ford Bronco Paint code for Raptor fenders and rear door trim? Raptor phoenix black flare paint
Sponsored