Sponsored

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 fits nicely on the 2024 Tacoma.

If your dealer says it’s not on the catalog and they’re not sure if it will fit on the 2024, I’m here to let you guys know it does. Same thing happened to me and the parts guy didn’t want to order it for me at first but I assured him that I would take full responsibility if it didn’t fit which I knew it would because of the post that was made here with the Hawaii region getting them in and installing them.

After I placed the order, I got it the next day as they had it in stock in the next state over. As of now they don’t have the instruction manual but it’s pretty straight forward and I used the 2022+ Tundra installation instructions for reference. It’s very similar to the Bakflip MX4 and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same cover with Toyota branding. Hope this helps anyone!

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2432

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2433

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2434

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2435

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma img_2507-jpe

2024 Tacoma OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 installed on 2024 Tacoma img_2506-jpe
Sponsored

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Why were they reluctant to order it? Is it a previous gen cover?

Pootklopp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 fits nicely on the 2024 Tacoma. If your dealer says it’s not on the catalog and they’re not sure if it will fit on the 2024, I’m here to let you guys know it does. Same thing happened to me and the parts guy didn’t want to order it for me at first but I assured him that I would take full responsibility if it didn’t fit which I knew it would because of the post that was made here with the Hawaii region getting them in and installing them. After I placed the order, I got it the next day as they had it in stock in the next state over. As of now they don’t have the instruction manual but it’s pretty straight forward and I used the 2022+ Tundra installation instructions for reference. It’s very similar to the Bakflip MX4 and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same cover with Toyota branding. Hope this helps anyone!
View attachment 12690 View attachment 12691 View attachment 12692 View attachment 12693
Can you post a closed picture? Thanks

New PA taco owner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that the OEM Trifold Hard Tonneau Cover PT954-35240 fits nicely on the 2024 Tacoma. If your dealer says it’s not on the catalog and they’re not sure if it will fit on the 2024, I’m here to let you guys know it does. Same thing happened to me and the parts guy didn’t want to order it for me at first but I assured him that I would take full responsibility if it didn’t fit which I knew it would because of the post that was made here with the Hawaii region getting them in and installing them. After I placed the order, I got it the next day as they had it in stock in the next state over. As of now they don’t have the instruction manual but it’s pretty straight forward and I used the 2022+ Tundra installation instructions for reference. It’s very similar to the Bakflip MX4 and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same cover with Toyota branding. Hope this helps anyone!
View attachment 12690 View attachment 12691 View attachment 12692 View attachment 12693
Was wondering what dealer you purchased this from? When I search the 'net' for OEM and find items, seems like they are all backordered and can be days or months when I talk to the parts guys. Little reluctant to order and pay for this now if I don't receive for "months'". I am also looking at Bakflip , pricing is $1109 shipped. Bakflip has a 5 year warranty, if same as Toyota branded OEM version this only has 1 year warranty from my research. Thanks, Brian

Last edited:

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
That looks so good, I’ll definitely be ordering one, thanks for the info, how sturdy does it feel? Can you pull up on it? I’m trying to problem solve lack of storage space thinking about getting some side cubby’s for my tow gear

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
@Everything TRD , how you been through a car wash or have it rain in your area since putting the cover on? I know that no cover is 100% leak proof but I just want to see how good the cover is withstanding water intrusive.

OP
OP
Everything TRD

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Why were they reluctant to order it? Is it a previous gen cover?
No, it’s the right cover but it wasn’t in the catalog in their system

Was wondering what dealer you purchased this from? When I search the 'net' for OEM and find items, seems like they are all backordered and can be days or months when I talk to the parts guys. Little reluctant to order and pay for this now if I don't receive for "months'". I am also looking at Bakflip , pricing is $1109 shipped. Bakflip has a 5 year warranty, if same as Toyota branded OEM version this only has 1 year warranty from my research. Thanks, Brian
I ordered from my local dealer in Las Vegas and it was sent from Arizona. I was also looking at the Bakflip MX4 but they pushed back the production until May 15th.

OP
OP
Everything TRD

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
That looks so good, I’ll definitely be ordering one, thanks for the info, how sturdy does it feel? Can you pull up on it? I’m trying to problem solve lack of storage space thinking about getting some side cubby’s for my tow gear
It’s pretty sturdy, it won’t open unless the tailgate is down and you pull the release cord

@Everything TRD , how you been through a car wash or have it rain in your area since putting the cover on? I know that no cover is 100% leak proof but I just want to see how good the cover is withstanding water intrusive.
I have not but I did wash it today with a pressure washer and no water got in. Not sure about going through a car wash or in rain

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Are they still only good for the 5’ bed I wonder. Seemed the OEM ones are but the MX4s are ok for the 6’ bed as well.

Think the MX4s were cheaper too. Probably no dealer markup. Thought I read the MX4s were starting to ship on April 30th

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
Looks like it's quality, different than the previous ones. What is the retail? If it's more than the Bakflio, I'll buy a Bakflip due to the warranty.

OP
OP
Everything TRD

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Are they still only good for the 5’ bed I wonder. Seemed the OEM ones are but the MX4s are ok for the 6’ bed as well.

Think the MX4s were cheaper too. Probably no dealer markup. Thought I read the MX4s were starting to ship on April 30th
Yes they only fit the 5’ bed. I thought that too but when I called them directly they said otherwise.

Looks like it's quality, different than the previous ones. What is the retail? If it's more than the Bakflio, I'll buy a Bakflip due to the warranty.
It’s very different than the previous gen, it’s now more low profile. Retail was around $1200

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

I have a MX4 on pre-order. ETA for shipping was 04/30. As of yesterday, Manufacturer is saying shipping with next two weeks.

OP
OP
Everything TRD

Everything TRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have a MX4 on pre-order. ETA for shipping was 04/30. As of yesterday, Manufacturer is saying shipping with next two weeks.
Same here!
Nice! I had a pre order of the MX4 also but I needed a cover ASAP so I decided to cancel it and get the OEM. If I could have waited I would have, especially for the warranty but the OEM works fine for now. Hoping it stays that way
Sponsored