First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried, and no luck for me. It’s possible your vin has an invitation attached to it in their system and therefore your ford account is unlocked for a purchase but either a) the invite went to your spam email, or b) they haven’t emailed it to you yet.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. It was surprising because I tried to order a few weeks ago and it was blocked. On a whim, I tried again last night and when I saw it was letting me get through, I ran to grab the credit card. Anyway, I guess I’ll find out soon.
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So i just got my new hardtop installed. The local dealership experience was really great (my first in this place)! Yesterday morning, the Accessories Manager called me to introduce himself and talked me through what they plan to do since this would be their first time installing the hardtop from a soft top. He informed me that while videos may show how easy it is, they may take a few hours just to do their due diligence and make sure they do it right. Big thumbs up for managing customer expectations.

I drove in at 8am and the Accessories Manager and the install tech met me to once again explain their plan. Since this is their first, they are going to document everything. Then once the soft top is taken out, they would clean all the dirt and debris to ensure a clean install. They also made sure that they did the take off/installation near the garage gate so I that could observe every step as they took the hardtop off the crate. Each panel was shown to me so that I can inspect prior to mounting. A learning moment on their end is when they lifted the back of the hard top, the rear glass swung upwards. It was looked at (it didn't hit anything), re-inspected and noted to use painters tape to tape down the glass prior to future installs. Everything else went smoothly.

After the install, they offered to wash the Bronco to do a quick check for leaks. Then asked if they could test drive to inspect for wind noise. Finally, they tested the rear wiper and defroster. Everything is good! They then put my rear seats down and layed in cardboard before they put my soft top in. Also boxed the extras and the parts they took out.

As I drove home, there were a couple of observations:
• After over 2 years of driving with a soft top, this was dramatically silent!
• Somehow, the subwoofer rattle disappeared.

Kudos to McCombs Ford West in San Antonio!

PS. If you plan to pick up or install with the dealership, they will check your VIN and make sure the hardtop order matches.
Did your order status ever change from "Partially Recieved"? I ordered mine on Tuesday April 23rd and it is still showing that status. Thanks.

Imacreative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your order status ever change from "Partially Recieved"? I ordered mine on Tuesday April 23rd and it is still showing that status. Thanks.
It never did. I called Customer Resource Center a week after my order at (844) 589-0060, give them the order number and they will tell you the status. If it has been shipped, you will get another email once the dealership is ready for you to schedule install.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It never did. I called Customer Resource Center a week after my order at (844) 589-0060, give them the order number and they will tell you the status. If it has been shipped, you will get another email once the dealership is ready for you to schedule install.
Thanks. I'll give them a call on Monday.

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happened to be at the dealership yesterday the same time as a regional parts manager (or a similar title... I didn't get a business card). Learned some interesting things about this hardtop ordering process:
  • Apparently Ford slightly overestimated uptake on this program... they've received fewer orders than expected. This makes sense... if you have a '21 and still want a hardtop, you have probably considered just trading it in for a new Bronco. Anyway, because of this, they are likely to open orders up to all sooner rather than later.
  • The selection process isn't by specific VIN so much as it is blocks of VINs. If your vehicle falls into that VIN range, you can order. Also, there are several reasons why you may not receive an email as soon as you're available to order. Because of this, it wouldn't hurt to try to place an order on the site every few days. That's how I was able to get mine. Just make sure you are logged into your account.
  • The timing of this hardtop ordering program was calculated. He wouldn't give me too many details about this (I tried), but it sounds like there will be a hardtop redesign for the '25 refresh. Who knows what that entails, but I got the impression the new ones may not be completely compatible with '21-'24 Broncos.
Anyway, hope this helps. As always, your mileage may vary.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
sounds like there will be a hardtop redesign for the '25 refresh. Who knows what that entails, but I got the impression the new ones may not be completely compatible with '21-'24 Broncos
Wow, will be staying tuned to this possibility.

B_Wagon136

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, will be staying tuned to this possibility.
This would explain why they're trying to offload all of the spare MIC's during what's left of 2024, but it doesn't reconcile with why they would roll out a new MOD top for all trims just for it to be rendered incompatible with future MYs.

Unless all of the shadow black MODs are just painted over white MODs that had been reserved for Heritage models that haven't sold well so now they're trying to unload the MOD inventory before that too becomes incompatible backstock?

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would explain why they're trying to offload all of the spare MIC's during what's left of 2024, but it doesn't reconcile with why they would roll out a new MOD top for all trims just for it to be rendered incompatible with future MYs.

Unless all of the shadow black MODs are just painted over white MODs that had been reserved for Heritage models that haven't sold well so now they're trying to unload the MOD inventory before that too becomes incompatible backstock?
I had the same questions and the guy I was talking to wouldn't budge. I did get the impression he knew the plan though.

All this for the 'privilege' of giving Ford another 5 grand for a hardtop they talked me out of in the first place. I'm ok with it though. Those saggy vinyl windows on the soft top just make me sad.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Black will show every finger print and be hotter inside. Id like to get a MOD top but gray.