First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm having an issue with the fitting of a set of aftermarket upper control arms.. and they (the company - who shall currently remain nameless) are acting like it's my issue. I'm hoping that some of you that might have already upgraded control arms, might have the stock arms laying around and be able to give me the inside distance from pivot to pivot.

I basically don't want to have to pull mine off again to try and confirm this measurement. I've been trying to find it in diagrams somewhere, but either I'm not searching for the right thing, or it's just not out there.

In my case I believe it was 5 15/16"

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
LewyOnMars

LewyOnMars

Wildtrak
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WildTrak, FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't like leaving posts like that just hanging out there.. just in case someone else is wondering:

The spacing from bushing to bushing in the stock arms is about 5 15/16" when the arm is removed. It'll compress down a bit once mounted because of how the stock bushings are made .. probably to around 5 3/4".

The tube arms I've tried vary a bit, and this seems to at least partially depend on how the bushings work... bushings that might look very similar between arms will still have different specs. Generally if the spacing between the bushings is 5 3/4" you're gonna need to use a pry bar to get the arm over the shock tower... but that's not going to work for all the arms.. some of them at 5 3/4" still won't work (again, because of how the bushings are + the gauge of steel).

If you're having problems getting the arms on, reach out the the manufacturer and confirm the specs ... also if the spacing between your drivers side and passenger side arms are different (as it was in my case) then that likely indicates a problem with the arms you received (this does happen, even with the best of companies).