John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry - he SHOT at you? He'd better be in prison for attempted murder.

Did you find out what happened to him?

Glad you got your Bronco rebuilt, and even dressed up in some nice new shoes. But Holy cow, it's good that you're alright
Skipped ahead but on page 1 the OP said attempted murder was one of the charges...and plea deal instead of trial
Sponsored

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update: Spent tonight adding the Rough Country Bull Bar, 4 four inch LED spots and Braptor lights

Apologize in advance for the photo diary and recap.

I got my 2022 Base MT new off the lot back in January of 2023. It was pure bliss and many wonderful memories were made while we bonded.

1711726925969-bt.jpg

We took many trips and enjoyed the summer mostly topless as I pondered what mods or accessories to buy in order to make her my own. Weather Tech matts were added, RC neoprene seat covers, hood struts, side steps, 2 different shaded tops for when the top was off to protect the wife, who had finally begun to fall in love with Bronco life... life was good!

1711727935325-wf.jpg

1711727965893-8x.jpg

And then this happened.....

1711728221556-1a.jpg

I was chased down by a road rager that I learned later, was apparently pissed off because I had an American flag spare tire cover (not being political, it is the reason he gave the police. just a fact). He shot at me several times before passing me and then spinning around coming at me head on. I tried to veer out of the way but connected with his Tacoma at a glancing blow sending him on his roof. Luckily I was on the line with 911 during the entire episode and the police arrived immediately to arrest him.

1711729333671-9i.jpg

The Broncos frame was damaged severely as well as every single engine component forward of the block itself.

She was badly wounded and placed on a flat bed bound for the scrap yard.... but wait, there was a chance! She was not totaled after close examination by the insurance adjuster. The airbags had not deployed and amazingly a new frame only ran about $4500 on this machine. So off to the autobody shop she went... And as luck would have it, the auto union strike started right on time. Fast forward almost 7 months later and my baby finally came home!

1711730112705-ca.jpg

The shop did an amazing job and even went out of their way to have not 1 but 2 Ford dealers sign of on and inspect the repairs to make sure my baby was good to go! During the 7 months without her, I had decided on a few modifications, nothing to crazy and mostly bolt on products, the first of which was new rims and tires and a mild audio upgrade consisting of swapping out the dash and rear pod speakers with Polk Audio 2 ways. The speaker swap actually made a HUGE difference! I scored these takeoffs for under $500 and put them on the day I got her back. And needless to say, the 7 month wait led to several other items being ordered and piled up in the garage.

1711730389484-uc.jpg

I will update this thread as I begin other installs and give my opinion on the product quality/ installation difficulty. It is so good to have her home. Since I now have a horrific Carfax I am keeping her for the long haul and will continue to improve her one step at a time.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

I had someone chase me down due to US flag also. Funny thing was he had a Coexist bumper sticker. He pulled up to me and said “fuck your flag”, i live in tolerant NYC.

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: Spent tonight adding the Rough Country Bull Bar, 4 four inch LED spots and Braptor lights

Apologize in advance for the photo diary and recap.

I got my 2022 Base MT new off the lot back in January of 2023. It was pure bliss and many wonderful memories were made while we bonded.

1711726925969-bt.jpg

We took many trips and enjoyed the summer mostly topless as I pondered what mods or accessories to buy in order to make her my own. Weather Tech matts were added, RC neoprene seat covers, hood struts, side steps, 2 different shaded tops for when the top was off to protect the wife, who had finally begun to fall in love with Bronco life... life was good!

1711727935325-wf.jpg

1711727965893-8x.jpg

And then this happened.....

1711728221556-1a.jpg

I was chased down by a road rager that I learned later, was apparently pissed off because I had an American flag spare tire cover (not being political, it is the reason he gave the police. just a fact). He shot at me several times before passing me and then spinning around coming at me head on. I tried to veer out of the way but connected with his Tacoma at a glancing blow sending him on his roof. Luckily I was on the line with 911 during the entire episode and the police arrived immediately to arrest him.

1711729333671-9i.jpg

The Broncos frame was damaged severely as well as every single engine component forward of the block itself.

She was badly wounded and placed on a flat bed bound for the scrap yard.... but wait, there was a chance! She was not totaled after close examination by the insurance adjuster. The airbags had not deployed and amazingly a new frame only ran about $4500 on this machine. So off to the autobody shop she went... And as luck would have it, the auto union strike started right on time. Fast forward almost 7 months later and my baby finally came home!

1711730112705-ca.jpg

The shop did an amazing job and even went out of their way to have not 1 but 2 Ford dealers sign of on and inspect the repairs to make sure my baby was good to go! During the 7 months without her, I had decided on a few modifications, nothing to crazy and mostly bolt on products, the first of which was new rims and tires and a mild audio upgrade consisting of swapping out the dash and rear pod speakers with Polk Audio 2 ways. The speaker swap actually made a HUGE difference! I scored these takeoffs for under $500 and put them on the day I got her back. And needless to say, the 7 month wait led to several other items being ordered and piled up in the garage.

1711730389484-uc.jpg

I will update this thread as I begin other installs and give my opinion on the product quality/ installation difficulty. It is so good to have her home. Since I now have a horrific Carfax I am keeping her for the long haul and will continue to improve her one step at a time.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.

What a terrible experience. I'm glad you are OK.
I have a lifetime canceled weapons permit in Indiana, not that you need it anymore, I've never carried in the vehicle.
I have an American Flag tire cover.
I think I'll carry my pistol in my Bronco from now on.

Calcifer

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Terrible experience. I am baffled how a steel frame for a bronco is cheaper than a fiberglass top

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs