Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Maybe its just some dealers or i misunderstand it. Here is one in canda
https://www.crowntoyota.com/toyotacare.html

This US site says this:
https://www.toyota.com/maintenance-plans/
No cost maintenance plan for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for 2 years and unlimited miles
Yup one is Crown Toyota, and one is a package to be purchased. I was offered the "prepaid" maintenenace package on my Tacoma when I bought it. Didn't opt into it.
Sponsored

Sam33

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2024 TRD OFF-ROAD
How is everyone, I am a new Tacoma owner and got it on Feb 10, on March 28 I got the Grill Shutter Malfunction, I took it immediately to the dealer I got it from, they checked the truck up and also found a leaking form a Water pipe, long story short, they fix the Grill Shutter but there is no ETA on the Water pipe replacement and now it has been 33 days since they have the truck, I've called Toyota corporate and see if they can expedite, but got same answer, also suggested to have the truck replaced, but their response was, that if I want to return or have them repurchase the truck by Lemon law I have to wait 45 days.

I am located Rhode Island, US.

havajohk

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Also, I learned a lot about window seals and door drains. Here’s a link to old Tacoma world thread on seals:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/getting-water-inside-driver-door.480981/

another

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/water-inside-doors.1658912/
On my 2024 Tacoma one day after a rain I lowered the window and raised it back up. I noticed there was water on the outside of the window. The same thing for the passenger side. I'm thinking water is getting inside the doors and when the window goes down it gets wet.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
On my 2024 Tacoma one day after a rain I lowered the window and raised it back up. I noticed there was water on the outside of the window. The same thing for the passenger side. I'm thinking water is getting inside the doors and when the window goes down it gets wet.
Any sloshing sounds from within the door?

havajohk

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
I didn't hear anything but that doesn't mean there wasn't any. I did notice at the bottom of the door there are three removable rubber plugs. I'm thinking of maybe removing them.

OP
OP

LastBastion

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
Yes, that is what I noticed with my windows. Those plugs at the bottom are easily removed to allow water to escape. According to the Toyota Rep I met with all windows allow some water to enter the door.

havajohk

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Did you remove the plugs? I wonder if they also serve to keep debris out.

OP
OP

LastBastion

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I didn't remove the plugs. I don't know if they serve the purpose of keeping dust or debris out. It's odd that they don't have small weep holes in them to allow water out. The Toyota Rep stated clearly that their purpose is to allow water out, but I guess you have to pull them out to drain excess water in the door. I just checked one and they fit pretty snuggly, so I don't think they allow water out unless removed.

OP
OP

LastBastion

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I just removed one and was surprised to find some fairly thick grease/lubricant inside the door where the plug fits in.
Sponsored