Sponsored

Morimoto XRGB Headlights Lasted 2 Weeks!!

ShowPony

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well... my disappointment cannot be understated. I've been quietly doing my research on the forums, and finally got my setup installed. Westin XTS bumper with brush guard and winch, eBay "Raptor" grill, leveling kit, and the Morimoto XRGB headlights. Everything looked awesome and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.

Fast forward two weeks later, I notice in the reflection of a building my headlights have a 2" patch that is shining green while set to amber. Sure enough, the red LEDS have burnt out already on the driver's side. Morimoto said they will send a replacement after I provide a deposit (assuming that will be $625). I am so frustrated I have to completely disassemble the front end and remove everything and then reinstall in hopes the replacement will make it longer than two weeks.

I expected higher quality out of headlights that cost $1250. Really regretting "upgrading" the headlights at all.

Morimoto.PNG
Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I can understand the deposit thing, probably a way to assure that they get the defective one back without stranding your with only one headlight. Hoping this is an isolated problem cause I had these on my list of possibles. Hope things get resolved quickly and smoothly for ya and will be hoping you have better luck.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well... my disappointment cannot be understated. I've been quietly doing my research on the forums, and finally got my setup installed. Westin XTS bumper with brush guard and winch, eBay "Raptor" grill, leveling kit, and the Morimoto XRGB headlights. Everything looked awesome and I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out.

Fast forward two weeks later, I notice in the reflection of a building my headlights have a 2" patch that is shining green while set to amber. Sure enough, the red LEDS have burnt out already on the driver's side. Morimoto said they will send a replacement after I provide a deposit (assuming that will be $625). I am so frustrated I have to completely disassemble the front end and remove everything and then reinstall in hopes the replacement will make it longer than two weeks.

I expected higher quality out of headlights that cost $1250. Really regretting "upgrading" the headlights at all.

Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB Headlights Lasted 2 Weeks!! Morimoto.PNG
Well this won't make you feel any better but, I got these headlights when I pre-ordered them. 1st set had no issues with DRL, but they wouldn't adjust to proper height. Gave them the $1250 on my card for a new set. Within a month I had the same discolored (not as bad as yours) patches on drivers side. Gave another $625, and got a new driver's side headlight. Within a week had another discolored area in the DRL. Looks like I need to have that one replaced again.
For as much as everyone says that Morimoto is well known and good quality, I'm not happy at this point. They stand by their warranty, the lights I do love, but the quality has sucked so far!

OP
OP
ShowPony

ShowPony

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well this won't make you feel any better but, I got these headlights when I pre-ordered them. 1st set had no issues with DRL, but they wouldn't adjust to proper height. Gave them the $1250 on my card for a new set. Within a month I had the same discolored (not as bad as yours) patches on drivers side. Gave another $625, and got a new driver's side headlight. Within a week had another discolored area in the DRL. Looks like I need to have that one replaced again.
For as much as everyone says that Morimoto is well known and good quality, I'm not happy at this point. They stand by their warranty, the lights I do love, but the quality has sucked so far!
Yikes.. Makes me want to start looking at other brands.. other option is to drive around with the brush guard, winch, and grill removed in anticipation these things will need swapped out each month.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yikes.. Makes me want to start looking at other brands.. other option is to drive around with the brush guard, winch, and grill removed in anticipation these things will need swapped out each month.
I finally emailed Morimoto the other day and did get a response on the headlight. They informed me that both should be replaced (drivers - discolored & passenger - doesn't adjust high enough) and I should wait til next month when they get the next batch in that should fix all these issues. So I'll reach back out to them sometime mid to late next month.

Like I said, fronting the money does suck, but they haven't given me any gripes about warranty replacements. So for that I can deal with the inconvenience.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ShowPony

ShowPony

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally emailed Morimoto the other day and did get a response on the headlight. They informed me that both should be replaced (drivers - discolored & passenger - doesn't adjust high enough) and I should wait til next month when they get the next batch in that should fix all these issues. So I'll reach back out to them sometime mid to late next month.

Like I said, fronting the money does suck, but they haven't given me any gripes about warranty replacements. So for that I can deal with the inconvenience.
Thanks! That is good info, I may hold off until the "new batch" comes in.

They honor their warranty which is great.. I just didn't want to take another day off of work to redo everything that was just done..

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Morimoto XRGB Headlights Lasted 2 Weeks!! Morimoto.PNG
Had this happen to me this morning. Have had mine 10 months. Same exact spot as yours

Screenshot_20240319-074235_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored