First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered and received a set but had to return them to Amazon. Front mount brackets were 3" on center and my holes were 3.5" on center. And there is no room to drill a new hole. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe I understand what you're referring to.

I put my front flaps on last night, and was frustrated because the cloth wheel well liner didn't line up precisely with the drilled holes in the Mabett steel plate.
What I ended up doing was curving the liner fabric a bit to ensure the liner hole lined up properly with the steel plate from Mabett. If you watch their Amazon 'how-to' video, you'll see that they install the same way. Just a small folding/curving of the fabric is enough to get everything to line up. Please see the attached screen shot from their Amazon video, or if you go to 1:07 of the video yourself, you'll notice what I'm talking about.

Is what I've mentioned the same issue you were having?

Ford Bronco Mabbett mud flaps for SAS flares Screen Shot 2022-07-09 at 8.49.54 AM

OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my holes were .5" off....no kind of adjustment was going to work.

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr 2023 Black Diamond 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered and received a set but had to return them to Amazon. Front mount brackets were 3" on center and my holes were 3.5" on center. And there is no room to drill a new hole. Anyone else experience this?
You took out the wrong push-pins 😅

Don't take out the bottom 2, you leave the lowest one and take out the next 2.

How do I know?

I did exactly the same thing at first, the directions are garbage.

OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep I followed the instructions. Wonder what else is wrong with the instructions. Wrote to Mabbett too but never heard back. Wish they or someone else would publish the corrected installation procedures. Would hate to get halfway through it and run into more incorrect instructions

Sponsored

51Creature

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe I understand what you're referring to.

I put my front flaps on last night, and was frustrated because the cloth wheel well liner didn't line up precisely with the drilled holes in the Mabett steel plate.
What I ended up doing was curving the liner fabric a bit to ensure the liner hole lined up properly with the steel plate from Mabett. If you watch their Amazon 'how-to' video, you'll see that they install the same way. Just a small folding/curving of the fabric is enough to get everything to line up. Please see the attached screen shot from their Amazon video, or if you go to 1:07 of the video yourself, you'll notice what I'm talking about.

Is what I've mentioned the same issue you were having?

Ford Bronco Mabbett mud flaps for SAS flares IMG_5955
I installed mine with the cloth behind the bracket. Figured it would be better to not have it metal on metal. I think it fit better this way.

OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I figured it out. It wasn’t the fabric or the instructions….it was me….wrong pair of holes….duh…owe them an apology

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We, as men, should not be reading instructions. It has been in our DNA since the dawn of time to ignore, and forge our own way. I am sure OP just had a fever and wasn't feeling well, falling into the trap of reading installation instructions . . . and we all see the results. I hope he is feeling better now.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr 2023 Black Diamond 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We, as men, should not be reading instructions. It has been in our DNA since the dawn of time to ignore, and forge our own way. I am sure OP just had a fever and wasn't feeling well, falling into the trap of reading installation instructions . . . and we all see the results. I hope he is feeling better now.
I tried that! The chin-glish was giving me palpitations!

OP
OP
Jim Walter

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got them installed today. Last two issues were attaching the rear mud flap upper support mount. After removing the plastic cap insert and plastic screw, it said to attach upper part with their hardware. There is a threaded bolt there and the nut is inside the wheel well. No way to use their hardware. So I just hung it on the end of the existing bolt. Once I reattached the plastic cap insert and plastic screw, and secured to the top of the mud flap, it was pretty solid. Most of the plastic caps and screws would not fully seat to hold I the front mud flaps. The added thickness of the mud flaps prevented them from being securely fastened. I may have to get newer larger later. Wrapped a small piece of duct tape around the cap insert to make it thicker and that is holding. Another issue was having several extras metal bolts and metal fasteners.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, this thread can be summarized in two words...

Ford Bronco Mabbett mud flaps for SAS flares 1657553660363
Sponsored