Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just want to say thank you for taking ownership of this issue and making adjustments. I’m one of the non-SAS Badlands owners. I ran into another (small) oddity when installing the GOAT rock sliders.
Thank your for the compliment. I am doing my best to provide a quality products and fulfill the needs of the community.
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you need a non sasquatch badlands to try these on for fitment let me know as I am fairly local and am interested in getting a set of these.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE! ALUMINUM VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!

There is now a version of this Shock Skid available in 3/16" aluminum. It is left bare (no powder coating) revealing the item's beautiful TIG welds. While materials and working with aluminum are slightly more expensive, not needing to powder coat them offsets costs so that the price is the same as the steel ones.

F6-51-421A_A-1500sq.jpg

PROs of the aluminum version are
  • They are about 1/3 the weight of steel, for those who are taking every opportunity they can to save weight
  • They will not rust and therefore will not need to be touched up with paint whenever they get scraped up
  • They look badass!
Of course, there is a trade-off. Aluminum is not as strong as steel. These are a little more susceptible to bending than the steel ones. So if you spend most of your time in the big rocks, you should of course opt for the steel ones. But these aluminum ones are surprisingly robust. We've been running them for a couple of months now to test, and have found they can take some abuse. So for those who are careful drivers and less prone to driving your Bronco like a wrecking ball, the aluminum ones will provide that extra measure of protection to your lower shock mounts when you're in the boulders and sliding over rocks. Click Here for the aluminum HOSS 1.0/2.0 Shock Skids!
Sponsored