First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, my comment was in support of you.
misunderstood you, as most people are misunderstanding me. I thought Ford finally introduced a SUV that was true to the term.
Sponsored

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also thought this was an interesting one.
"Four-door Wrangler demographics are slightly less aggressive as these buyers are slightly younger and typically have children. A large percentage of two-door Wrangler owners are empty-nesters or never had children. "
As a guy that likes to go camping and has a two year old...and is looking at buying a 4-door.
Im guilty of the 4 door demographic...my biggest accomplishment with the jeep is getting 3 carseats to fit in the back seat...one has to be rearfacing in the middle though.

Reactions: Jdc

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
misunderstood you, as most people are misunderstanding me. I thought Ford finally introduced a SUV that was true to the term.
What gives you the impression it's not true to the term "SUV"? Genuinely curious...

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
SUVs have devolved into jacked up station wagons with awd. Mostly luxury, little sport, no utility.
I agree. Most SUVs are simply tall cars. The bronco has been seen with 35 inch tires. It's body on frame. Interior shots have shown front, rear, and center lockers. My question was what makes you think the new bronco doesn't fit in with your definition of what an SUV is? You seem salty and I don't really get it. Sounds like you were never in the market for any vehicle built within the last 5 years anyways...

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SUVs have devolved into jacked up station wagons with awd. Mostly luxury, little sport, no utility.
Modern SUV will outlive, outperform, and generally outclass every single SUV of old in any measurable metric. They'll hold more, haul more, last longer, and keep the occupants more comfortable the entire time they're doing it. And triple the mileage while they're at it.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern SUV will outlive, outperform, and generally outclass every single SUV of old in any measurable metric. They'll hold more, haul more, last longer, and keep the occupants more comfortable the entire time they're doing it. And triple the mileage while they're at it.
I always think of this video when people talk about new cars vs old cars

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Head count "using a Jeep" and buying a brand new vehicle aren't the same thing. There are easily multiple times more used Jeeps on the road than new ones being purchased this year ... not to mention that graph isn't even limited to Wranglers, so the Cherokee and GC that frequently outsell the Wrangler are throwing those numbers in the gutter, as well as Renegades, Compass, Liberty, etc.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
thats a bad example, nothing wrong with plush, plenty wrong saying I have to want the same garbage every one else wants.
Welcome to economy of scale my friend.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude what in the actual fuck are you talking about?? SUV’s have encompassed a broad range of vehicles for almost 3 decades now. One of the most popular SUV’s ever (RAV4) is exactly what you’re talking about; but that “devolved” 25 years ago. SUV’s if anything have only gotten better. Sure the more car-like ones are definitely more on-road focused than in the past. But the modern off-roaders (Wrangler, 4Runner, Land Rover Defender, Bronco) are WAY more capable than the vehicles that preceded them.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Most SUVs are simply tall cars. The bronco has been seen with 35 inch tires. It's body on frame. Interior shots have shown front, rear, and center lockers. My question was what makes you think the new bronco doesn't fit in with your definition of what an SUV is? You seem salty and I don't really get it. Sounds like you were never in the market for any vehicle built within the last 5 years anyways...
heres how it is:

Was going to buy a new Mustang GT in the end of 2017, I put it off because the Coyote was going to be offered for 2018.
Then they announced the Bronco,that got my interest.
Been waiting and waiting and waiting.
Almost pulled the trigger on a new Mustang last spring. Had financing lined up. The sales unit was trying to sell me cars with options I didn't want,they went beyond the order cutoff date so no Mustang.
My old pickup I use on weekends is shot
So back to the Bronco. I do not want another pick up.
Its been one disappointment after another with Ford introducing the Bronco.
The new Bronco seems to fit the term SUV now the problem is what its going to turn into in a couple short years. What I see from most people is they really want something else and their buying habits will influence Ford to water down the Bronco to nothing in a few years.
Ford has earned a bad reputation in the last 20 or so years for canceling the good stuff or promising good stuff and never coming through.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
the problem is what its going to turn into in a couple short years. What I see from most people is they really want something else and their buying habits will influence Ford to water down the Bronco to nothing in a few years.
Holy goalpost moving Batman.

In what way shape or form would Ford be incentivized to water down the Bronco?!?? In what way, shape, or form has ANYTHING in Ford’s lineup gotten less off-road oriented in the past 20 years? FX4 packages are pretty much on every F-150. Tremor package. Raptor is insanely good. Ford is only moving more and more rugged along with the market. Same thing with the mustang, the 2020 mustang lineup is the best in the past 45+ years BAR NONE. Not even a competition.
Sponsored