First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone who complains about how tech-laden new vehicles are... why don't you go buy a Mahindra Roxor? Literally one of the simplest vehicles that's been made in the past 20 years. And only $15k!
Go to the website and option one out. It gets over 20k really quick. But, I have really considered it. Very easy to street legal it here in az. It's just a bit too basic and slow for the money in my opinion.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of the doodads and gadgets and government mandated.
The best analogy for this is the healthcare industry in the USA....from pills to procedures cost here is 10X other countries. In fact, its gotten so damn good, no one can afford it. Thanks to 'government mandates'.

Never forget those mandates are developed in collaboration to the manufacturers who benefit from selling it.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best analogy for this is the healthcare industry in the USA....from pills to procedures cost here is 10X other countries. In fact, its gotten so damn good, no one can afford it. Thanks to 'government mandates'.

Never forget those mandates are developed in collaboration to the manufacturers who benefit from selling it.
Its a car. we should have a choice.Ford should listen to a demographic that actually buys and drives their vehicles. There are ways of meeting the mandates without wrecking the interior. The Bronco is supposed to be a SUV not another mall roach.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its a car. we should have a choice.Ford should listen to a demographic that actually buys and drives their vehicles. There are ways of meeting the mandates without wrecking the interior. The Bronco is supposed to be a SUV not another mall roach.
Tens of thousands of very plush and highly optioned interiors on $80,000 Raptors says that you are demonstrably incorrect.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... All auto manufacturers segment their anticipated BUYERS by income/age demographic. Bronco might be priced on the high end for a 'toy', so I hope Ford is catering to the folks who can actually buy it - but their success the past 5 years doesn't make this a foregone conclusion by any means. ...
With men over the age of 50 being the dominant purchasing force (50+%) behind trucks, suv's, performance vehicles, and the competitors Wrangler, it would seem foolish to push more automation than required into most trims of the Bronco.

Interior comfort packages will probably move well, but systems with lots of warning chimes or that detatch the user from the driving experience wouldn't seem like big sellers.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tens of thousands of very plush and highly optioned interiors on $80,000 Raptors
All that any yet a share price of $7 and change

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With men over the age of 50 being the dominant purchasing force (50+%) behind trucks, suv's, performance vehicles, and the competitors Wrangler, it would seem foolish to push more automation than required into most trims of the Bronco.

Interior comfort packages will probably move well, but systems with lots of warning chimes or that detatch the user from the driving experience wouldn't seem like big sellers.
Maybe for certain vehicles, but looking at Wranglers the largest demographic is men 30-49.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also thought this was an interesting one.
"Four-door Wrangler demographics are slightly less aggressive as these buyers are slightly younger and typically have children. A large percentage of two-door Wrangler owners are empty-nesters or never had children. "
As a guy that likes to go camping and has a two year old...and is looking at buying a 4-door.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm open to an education as to how high trim options that sell by the truckload have led to that share price.
Kinda like in football...gameplans, 3rd down conversions...QB ratings are all Nice . But only thing matters is the final score. Auto manufacturers all trade at similar P/E ratios. Earnings = revenue minus cost.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn'y say limit stuff, I said not put in features that are not appropriate or force us to accept things we don't want. make them options
Sorry, my comment was in support of you.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apparently the majority of people here don't care if you have been building computers and coding for longer than they have been alive. If you don't want electric sensors and nannies crammed into every piece of every object you own then you're a cave man or demented oldster in their eyes.

I got bored with trying to explain how ridiculous that perception of the world is a long time ago.
In real life I build computers for a hobby and work in IT. Currently mostly serverless and nodejs on AWS cloud platform. But when I mention not being into all the vehicle gadgets and trinkets, suddenly (in some minds) I'm transformed into a financially strapped technophobe in self denial, lol.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe for certain vehicles, but looking at Wranglers the largest demographic is men 30-49.
What are you quoting? The only articles I saw with numbers like that were from ten years ago talking about the new JK.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tens of thousands of very plush and highly optioned interiors on $80,000 Raptors says that you are demonstrably incorrect.
thats a bad example, nothing wrong with plush, plenty wrong saying I have to want the same garbage every one else wants.
Sponsored