Sponsored

KiCKER KEY 200.4 POWER ADAPTER PLUGS NOW INCLUDING POWER WIRE / GROUND WIRES WITH FUSES AND CONNECTORS .

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 VW GTI & '21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Successful DSP Setup. I noticed you suggest Fader dip switch on OFF. Any particular reason? I followed your steps and I’m extremely happy with the results. Do you turn Fader dip switch on after setup? Or leave it off? Does that render the Fader adjustments unusable from the touch screen?
I left mine off. Seemed to get more juice out of the amp with it off. It does render the adjustments unusable, but I don't mind at all as I don't really need/ use them.

One thing to check, is to see that your reverse parking aid is working. A couple of weeks ago mine started beeping very faintly, it's very hard to hear. Not sure if an over-the-air update might fix this issue or what caused it to being with.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I left mine off. Seemed to get more juice out of the amp with it off. It does render the adjustments unusable, but I don't mind at all as I don't really need/ use them.

One thing to check, is to see that your reverse parking aid is working. A couple of weeks ago mine started beeping very faintly, it's very hard to hear. Not sure if an over-the-air update might fix this issue or what caused it to being with.
Ok! Thanks for the quick response. I’ve only got the standard package due to Black Diamond Manual Transmission limitations…so, no parking aid.

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

*IMPORTANT*

Leave the Fader ON! Otherwise you’ll lose your reverse parking aid if so equipped.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*IMPORTANT*

Leave the Fader ON! Otherwise you’ll lose your reverse parking aid if so equipped.
Did you just run DSP again with it on or were you able to just flip the switch? How’d you figure that out?

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plugged the factory connector back into the head unit and tested the parking aid. The beeping comes from the left, center (both), or right rear speakers depending on what side the object is you might hit.
So I plugged the PnP harness back in and checked the Fader setting on the 200.4 and switched it to ON and it worked. After checking the Kicker manual I realized the harness and amp are good for 2 different sets on inputs which is what the reverse parking aid requires.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a PnP harness that simple provides left + right speaker FULL signal and a remote turn on for an amp? Which one?

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*Edited for amp settings correction*
I got the power adapter kit and installed it yesterday. Redid the KEY setup and it made a HUGE difference. Things I suggest:

1.) Bi-Amp Mode OFF
2.) Fader ON
3.) Radio Detect Button -Verify Pushed In
4.) Speed Volume on Radio Disabled
5.) Level Out EQ on Radio
6.) Turn Gains All The Way Down
7.) Run KEY DSP Setup at Vol. Level 15

Viola! I used to only be able to hit Vol. 15 before clipping. It'll go to Vol. 22-23 now no problem.
Did you turn the "compression" dip switch (3rd switch from the left) off on the amp? Someone in another thread said Kicker support told them to turn this off when connecting to battery. Any ideas?

P_Baff

Badlands
First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you turn the "compression" dip switch (3rd switch from the left) off on the amp? Someone in another thread said Kicker support told them to turn this off when connecting to battery. Any ideas?
IIRC I'm pretty sure I left mine on after reading this in the instruction manual:

Compression switch ON: To fully protect your speakers, you may turn the compression switch ON. This will cause the LIMITER to engage whenever the amplifier is about to output a clipped audio signal, though some distortion may still be audible. If the gain is set properly and the audio source doesn’t clip, this will provide another fail-safe for your audio system while limiting the current draw of the amp, which lowers the load of the amp on the vehicle’s electrical system.
Sponsored