APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Perfect set up and that’s what I run on my R button but, don’t forget to turn of the ASS too!
Yes, I also hate Auto Stop-Start, but that gets disabled automatically once it goes into Sport Mode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the heads up! Learning!!
Question, why does it say Offroad only when you go to "baja" mode on the exhaust?
Yes, I also hate Auto Stop-Start, but that gets disabled automatically once it goes into Sport Mode.
I've been running sport mode pretty much as a regular thing everyday and now just switch exhaust modes as needed.
Quiet in my neighborhood and sport or baja.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the heads up! Learning!!
Question, why does it say Offroad only when you go to "baja" mode on the exhaust?
I've been running sport mode pretty much as a regular thing everyday and now just switch exhaust modes as needed.
Quiet in my neighborhood and sport or baja.
That's Ford's way of covering their ass as the Db level of the exhaust on Baja mode may exceed some State guidelines, therefore, it's to be used when Offroading only....LOL, like anyone actually does. Of course, if you got pulled over follow SOP protocol and shut off your vehicle right away. If the officer questions the exhaust, simply turn it back on and it's in normal mode again. Wish the officer a nice day.

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's Ford's way of covering their ass as the Db level of the exhaust on Baja mode may exceed some State guidelines, therefore, it's to be used when Offroading only....LOL, like anyone actually does. Of course, if you got pulled over follow SOP protocol and shut off your vehicle right away. If the officer questions the exhaust, simply turn it back on and it's in normal mode again. Wish the officer a nice day.
Thanks brother! Wasn't sure why it said off Road only. It's really not that loud. There are guys here in NOVA whose cars can wake up the dead, lol!

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Welcome to the forum, Phil. Enjoy your Bronco!
Thanks. The Braptor had a window recall. Dealership had a third party do the work. They didn't do a great job. They scratched/ scuffed the decal on the left side and the window putty/glaze work looks pretty bad in my opinion. See pics..I spent 100k for this vehicle and not real happy at the moment. How do I go about getting a replacement decal?
Appreciate help in this matter

20240502_183050.jpg

20240429_182540.jpg

20240502_182457.jpg

20240502_180105.jpg

20240502_182508.jpg

Sponsored

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon mod (DD),2022 Porsche Spyder(weekend)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 16 Rubicon fully modified. What do you think the biggest differences between the Rubicon and BRaptor? Besides the increase in HP and sound. What about driving? I am selling my Jeep soon and getting a 24 Raptor in the near future.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 16 Rubicon fully modified. What do you think the biggest differences between the Rubicon and BRaptor? Besides the increase in HP and sound. What about driving? I am selling my Jeep soon and getting a 24 Raptor in the near future.
I too have a 2016 JKU Rubicon, 23 Braptor (and a 911 Turbo Cab - based on your aviator and handle I assume you own a P car as well) and the difference is night & day. IFS on the Bronco makes for a superior on road experience however, the solid axel of the JKU is amazing off road. My Jeep is on 33” tires, Raptor on 37” so off road in the Bronco really feels like cheating compared to the Jeep. The technology in the Bronco is also superior as it should be 8 years later. I will always own a Jeep but the Bronco is great. Aftermarket support and parts for the Jeep are inexpensive & plentiful as compared to the Bronco offerings and added “tax” (similar to Porsche). Go drive one & you will be sold!

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I too have a 2016 JKU Rubicon, 23 Braptor (and a 911 Turbo Cab - based on your aviator and handle I assume you own a P car as well) and the difference is night & day. IFS on the Bronco makes for a superior on road experience however, the solid axel of the JKU is amazing off road. My Jeep is on 33” tires, Raptor on 37” so off road in the Bronco really feels like cheating compared to the Jeep. The technology in the Bronco is also superior as it should be 8 years later. I will always own a Jeep but the Bronco is great. Aftermarket support and parts for the Jeep are inexpensive & plentiful as compared to the Bronco offerings and added “tax” (similar to Porsche). Go drive one & you will be sold!
Nice, yup, my weekend car is the 22 Spyder. I really love driving that car, it’s basically the convertible GT4. I love my Rubicon but I’m ready to get something new and I can’t have 3 cars for myself or I would keep the Jeep too, lol. Like you said I want something with more tech then my Jeep and still be a badass off-roader. My Rubicon drivers good for a SFA but I’m ready for a IFS vehicle. Enjoy the new beast 👍

OP
OP
DVULT57

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I traded a 24 Wrangler Rubicon X for the Braptor. I had nothing but problems with the Wrangler. Dead battery at one week. Replaced...Dead battery at 2 weeks..Turns out the secondary battery was bad. Back up camera problems. Sloppy steering, Wandered all over the road. Play in the steering wheel. Could turn the wheel inch in either direction and wheels didn't move. This is with engine off..
I test drove multiple Broncos and all had tight steering, didn't wander and so far no electrical issues...The Bronco Raptor has most of the things you would do to a jeep. Fox shocks with reservoir, 37" tires, way more power and acceleration than the 3.6 Pentastar..I had 4.88 on the jeep while the Raptor has 4.7's so rpms are similar in final drive with the Braptor about 500rpm lower at 70mph..
Haven't had a chance to do any major off roading with the Bronco bur did take it up to west of the Blue Ridge mountains and ran it over the mountains into west Virginia. No problems..Did everything a Jeep could do..The 24 Rubicon was my 5th Jeep so fairly familiar with jeep brand..

22 Spyder

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I traded a 24 Wrangler Rubicon X for the Braptor. I had nothing but problems with the Wrangler. Dead battery at one week. Replaced...Dead battery at 2 weeks..Turns out the secondary battery was bad. Back up camera problems. Sloppy steering, Wandered all over the road. Play in the steering wheel. Could turn the wheel inch in either direction and wheels didn't move. This is with engine off..
I test drove multiple Broncos and all had tight steering, didn't wander and so far no electrical issues...The Bronco Raptor has most of the things you would do to a jeep. Fox shocks with reservoir, 37" tires, way more power and acceleration than the 3.6 Pentastar..I had 4.88 on the jeep while the Raptor has 4.7's so rpms are similar in final drive with the Braptor about 500rpm lower at 70mph..
Haven't had a chance to do any major off roading with the Bronco bur did take it up to west of the Blue Ridge mountains and ran it over the mountains into west Virginia. No problems..Did everything a Jeep could do..The 24 Rubicon was my 5th Jeep so fairly familiar with jeep brand..
I feel the same about the Raptor. It pretty much is fully setup for how I would want my build to come out. Maybe add some lights and I’m finished.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel the same about the Raptor. It pretty much is fully setup for how I would want my build to come out. Maybe add some lights and I’m finished.
Like this?
Ford Bronco Just got it! IMG_5411