Sponsored

Hard top question... put front panels on without the main rear?

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually do this semi-regularly with no issue whatsoever. I leave the bolt on rear section in the garage from may-october and keep the 3 front panels with me in the bag jut incase I run into some rain. The flip latches in the front, 2 twist latches in the middle and a twist latch on the side/rear of each is PLENTy to keep them from flying off, and they are way too rigid to "droop" but I did start carrying a 12" section of pvc pipe that is the right diameter for the rear swivel latches to grab onto sometime last summer. Its just a little bit of added rigidity which keeps them from rattling while off road or and holds a good seal for more conventional driving. Pretty simple "mod" and really no issues at all on my second summer doing that with 30k total miles on the truck.
Got any pics of your pvc setup?
Sponsored

Anvilair1973

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door and 1994 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

*Bump* I am finally getting my Bronco back after 6 months in the autobody shop, post accident. Has anyone experimented further with running just the 2 front panels on a 2 door Bronco? I am dying to try this but would love to build some confidence by hearing others experience doing this. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*Bump* I am finally getting my Bronco back after 6 months in the autobody shop, post accident. Has anyone experimented further with running just the 2 front panels on a 2 door Bronco? I am dying to try this but would love to build some confidence by hearing others experience doing this. Thanks in advance!
Done it many times with no issues. The 2 inner latches dont have anywhere to secure but the others hold tight. Granted I also dont drive hwy speeds for long distances with top off so I cant say if thatll have any effect or not. Ive seen a few people use a metal bar bolted to outer latch points going across so the inners can latch.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Done it many times with no issues. The 2 inner latches dont have anywhere to secure but the others hold tight. Granted I also dont drive hwy speeds for long distances with top off so I cant say if thatll have any effect or not. Ive seen a few people use a metal bar bolted to outer latch points going across so the inners can latch.
Any pics?

OP
OP
ChrisB351

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no pics

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the latches at the windshield there's no way those panels are coming off unitentionally.
Sponsored