Sponsored

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a Grangetober reservation holder Ford appears to be giving me these options, is this correct?

1. Wait for a long time (indeterminate) to get my Bronco while watching big dealer lots fill up with stock. Accept that the "in order of reservation" statement was not true.
2. Visit a medium that can talk with the spirits of the dead to divine which dealer in the nation has extra allocation. Then try to work with that dealer on setting a price and hope they hold to it.
3. Just forget it and go buy something else
Iā€™ll take Door #3!

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again, why Ford wants to preserve, protect & promote the "Cheater Dealer" methods that are purely for bilking & gouging customers, taking unfair advantage of unsuspecting folk at every turn & every chance, sustaining the rip-off practices that have been all-to-well exposed in our modern era of digital communication --- their greed knows no bounds. Of the seven deadly sins this should be number one. It is with Ford!

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hasn't anyone been able to contact the media outlets, 4WD publications to get this story out yet? I guess we should start!!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I don't discount what you've said we all know the the dealers are Fords customers. And Ford has said many times that they can't do anything about dealers selling Broncos with an astronomical ADM added, because they are independent franchises. So, why then would Ford care if a dealer sold his Broncos at a discounted price. Ford has already gotten their money. Hell, I can't even understand why Ford would care if a dealer gave them away. The term "Follow the money" comes to mind in this situation.
Because Ford cares about stock price. Devaluing the brand hurts the stock price. That's why they care.

I can tell you my dealer questions all his decisions based on what Ford thinks. We don't do anything that could tarnish our view with them. They control a lot more strings (additional allocation being one) than most probably know. Just my $.02 from a big dealer who talks to Dearborn a lot.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if someone could work up a nice oval Granger logo in Vinyl? May be of some good use someday.
That's a great idea! The only place on the Bronco that says Ford is that small blue oval on the tailgate. I would love to cover that with a Granger sticker. šŸ˜

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hasn't anyone been able to contact the media outlets, 4WD publications to get this story out yet? I guess we should start!!
Maybe get Tommy and the guys @TFLtruck to voice in on this on youtube. Once it's out there it just might get some traction in other automotive press.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sent this thread to Motor Trend, and Car and Driver with an explanation of what's happening. Not sure if it will stick, but we'll see.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because Ford cares about stock price. Devaluing the brand hurts the stock price. That's why they care.

I can tell you my dealer questions all his decisions based on what Ford thinks. We don't do anything that could tarnish our view with them. They control a lot more strings (additional allocation being one) than most probably know. Just my $.02 from a big dealer who talks to Dearborn a lot.
[QUOTE=

So your saying everything is all Fords fault and the fat cat dealerships didnā€™t have really anything to do with this? I can see that but it doesnā€™t make me any happier. The head guy here would always grovel all over the Ford corporate guys when they came into town. Once they were gone he turned right back into his slimy self again. I canā€™t respect a man that has to change his image depending on who he is around. If you canā€™t be yourself at all times something is wrong.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, yeah... you've told us before. šŸ™„

FWIW, I'm a dealer and I've bought four Broncos over and above the two mannequins I have. I bought one from Mecum, one from another dealer, and two from individuals. I've paid right at $20-25k over MSRP to get them all.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger, Honestly, I am proud to be a reservation holder at Granger. I can wait it out. Just wish it was some other dang company making the Bronco now.

@Ford Motor Company, Can you hear that Mr. Farley?

Ford sure isn't fostering any loyalty with me. Guess I'll see how much further I can get my current ride to go before it croaks. *fingers crossed*
I'm still a "newbie" to the site here and its features. But if you click on @Ford Motor Company, it shows their last activity. It shows they were active just a few minutes ago, "Engaged in conversation." They are absolutely reading everyone's comments, and I hope they are taking note of how most of the community feels.

If this has already been mentioned here, my bad :) I had no idea until a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd share.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a great idea! The only place on the Bronco that says Ford is that small blue oval on the tailgate. I would love to cover that with a Granger sticker. šŸ˜
That is where I was going- Bingo!

God rest his soul, el mystico would have been all over this. There are others who may be able to come up with something.
Sponsored