First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[awaiting]4dr Outer Banks 4x4, 2.7L, Leather, 314A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just did the first oil change in the Bronco - this is my wife’s rig (22 Outer Banks, base bumper) so it isn’t quite how I would have built it (but I did sneak some stuff in). i can’t go full tilt with it like the two Wranglers I lightly built for my kids - wife not into climbing up into her ride, etc. wish I could, love this Bronco

anyway, after looking at the plastic front bumper “skid plate“ (not really) and removing the plastic “skid plate“ (also not really) covering the oil pan area in order to do the oil change, I just can’t leave that on there - freakin useless. What skid plates do you guys replace these plastic pieces with? Just need some functional, black, oem install stuff to protect that area.

thanks for your suggestions - ideas
Sponsored

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have Ford points left over from when you bought the vehicle, you could use those towards the OEM steel plate set up.

Also take a look at Ruxer Parts. I seem to recall someone mentioning that they sold the OEM bash plates for a good price. I think the whole kit is $720 but that also includes the transfer case skid and the fuel tank skid.

Last edited:

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you keep the base bumper, you will need to notch the top/front edge of the oem front steel bash plate (front bumper skid plate) for the tow hooks if you move forward with that. Once notched it will mount up with small gap. The oem metal engine skid bolts right up. Both of these skids frequently pop up in the Marketplace. A transmission skid might be a good addition as well with that plastic transmission fluid pan just hanging there.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just did the first oil change in the Bronco - this is my wife’s rig (22 Outer Banks, base bumper) so it isn’t quite how I would have built it (but I did sneak some stuff in). i can’t go full tilt with it like the two Wranglers I lightly built for my kids - wife not into climbing up into her ride, etc. wish I could, love this Bronco

anyway, after looking at the plastic front bumper “skid plate“ (not really) and removing the plastic “skid plate“ (also not really) covering the oil pan area in order to do the oil change, I just can’t leave that on there - freakin useless. What skid plates do you guys replace these plastic pieces with? Just need some functional, black, oem install stuff to protect that area.

thanks for your suggestions - ideas
Sent you a PM

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JCR skid. Extremely solid, and you can install this pretty much with any bumper. You will lose the front tow hooks though.

I had this installed with my front plastic bumper for a while until my replacement bumper came in.

It may not be the cheapest, but it is solid. Now if you are never really going to take that off-road, and don't really need solid protection, the you could go with an aluminum version. I think it's more expensive, but it's lighter.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SD-GN.html

OP
OP
CTJackster

CTJackster

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[awaiting]4dr Outer Banks 4x4, 2.7L, Leather, 314A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have Ford points left over from when you bought the vehicle, you could use those towards the OEM steel plate set up.
Happy to pick up oem skid plates if they come up for sale here or ebay. Can someone post part #s so I know what those would cost from Ford?
Sponsored