Sponsored

Floor mat with access to trunk floor compartments?

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my current IAG trunk mat liner, problem is it covers up the in floor trunk compartments. I thought maybe there was a liner out there that had break away pieces that allow you to get into the floor compartments without folding up your floor mat liner to get into them. Does this exist?

Screenshot_20240426-171629.png
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it too difficult to lift the mat ? I just lift mine when I need to

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it too difficult to lift the mat ? I just lift mine when I need to
Too difficult? No. lol. But there have been times when I've had heavy things in the trunk on the mat, and needed something in the compartment, and would love to be able to get to it without taking out the heavy thing to lift up the mat. I can't be the only one that's thought this...haha

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. I have the one from Ford and it’s flexible enough to not be a problem
The issue isnt the difficulty factor, but I get what you're saying. I also just lift up the mat to get to things, it's fine if there aren't other objects in the trunk keeping me from doing that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it’s not ideal. If there’s something that hinges at the same point the floor cover does would be better. I agree

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it’s not ideal. If there’s something that hinges at the same point the floor cover does would be better. I agree
It sounds like a non issue, but I've run into it so many times already and I'm 6 weeks into owning my Bronco. I figured I'd find an existing thread on the same subject, but apparently not. I might just DIY the mods myself in my IAG liner haha.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think if you are willing to forego the intent of the cargo mat (which is to contain any potential spills/water) then there are probably some options you can find that are less "rigid" material. I on the other hand have actually doubled mine up since the floor of the slide out tailgate is rubberized (but no containment) - I left (contrary to the instructions) the factory cargo mat in place over the top.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I built a short box and covered with plexi and a rug for added hidden storage....built around that opening so I can still get to it. Hint: don't put anything in there you figure you'll need. lol But of course, when you do is when the back in will be stock full!

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built a short box and covered with plexi and a rug for added hidden storage....built around that opening so I can still get to it. Hint: don't put anything in there you figure you'll need. lol But of course, when you do is when the back in will be stock full!
Would love to see this! Any chance you could share Some photos of your setup?

King63

Heritage
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Too difficult? No. lol. But there have been times when I've had heavy things in the trunk on the mat, and needed something in the compartment, and would love to be able to get to it without taking out the heavy thing to lift up the mat. I can't be the only one that's thought this...haha
I was literally looking for the same type of mat this weekend, but was actually more concerned about a mat with slots cut out for the tie down rings, which IAG offers for their 4 DR mat. So if they (or someone) also had a slot for accessing the floor compartment, that would be ideal from my point of view.

OP
OP
Averagejoe5

Averagejoe5

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was literally looking for the same type of mat this weekend, but was actually more concerned about a mat with slots cut out for the tie down rings, which IAG offers for their 4 DR mat. So if they (or someone) also had a slot for accessing the floor compartment, that would be ideal from my point of view.
So funny, I noticed the same thing and it's what brought me down this whole rabbit hole haha. That 4 door mat with the map pattern and slots for the tie rings is exactly what I wanted too, but they don't make it for the 2 door. Got me thinking about break away compartments for the other areas. A mat needs to exist with all these features!

King63

Heritage
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So funny, I noticed the same thing and it's what brought me down this whole rabbit hole haha. That 4 door mat with the map pattern and slots for the tie rings is exactly what I wanted too, but they don't make it for the 2 door. Got me thinking about break away compartments for the other areas. A mat needs to exist with all these features!
So I just heard back from another manufacturer and this mat does have openings for the tie down rings! https://rpmbronco.com/products/2021-ford-bronco-tpe-trunk-mats-nano-style-fits-2-doors?variant=44049040376099¤cy=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw57exBhAsEiwAaIxaZkiehSRU0JvW7lHfs-JeWnZQMpoSDHJhW44D3a6KBHtWq5yip71FkhoCRcYQAvD_BwE
Sponsored