Sponsored

Flat Tow-Supplemental Brake System Issue Fixed?

bpesto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi, RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's probably been addressed, but I can't find it. So, there was a software update to fix an issue with the 2.7L EBB system when used with a supplemental brake system. There was a TSB a year ago that had one remove specific fuses due to the ABS system not going into sleep mode. Supposedly the update to the ABS system has been out now.

My question is: Has anyone flat towed your Bronco after the update and did that solve the Supplemental Brake system issue? I'm getting ready to tow mine this summer with the Sup Brake system and would like to know the experience of others?

I've attached the original TSB-22-2210 and the latest BULLETIN sent to me from my dealer.

Bob
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP

bpesto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi, RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who has had success with a specific model Supplemental Brake System with the EBB on the 2.7 Liter? Prefer a removable one but if someone has used a permanent install, like to hear about it.

For Removable: Brake Buddy says No. Roadmaster for their Evenbrake says no. Blue Ox Patriot BRK-2022 says yes. Awaiting to talk to RVI but their website indicates yes with a battery charging module.
Thanks
Bob

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use the Blue Ox system and have experienced NO Issues in over 2,000 miles of flat towing behind my motorhome.

OP
OP

bpesto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi, RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tom,
Good to hear.
You didn't say, but do you have the 2.7L V6 with EBB?
Thanks
Bob