Sponsored

EXCLUSIVE 50% off ExoShield ULTRA Windshield Protection for 5 members!

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone, other than the vendor, installed one of these? I have trouble installing one on my phone without bubbles and am concerned it would look like crap in my hands…
The installation does take some time and patience! Just wanted to mention if you're concerned about DIY results, we do have another option!! We are partnered with shops all over the world who can do the installation for you! I'll link it so you can find one near you! Otherwise, we do have some great walkthrough videos that can give you some confidence through the installation! Both are linked below!
Installer map
Install walkthrough!
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My concern is scratching. There seem to be a number of reports (NOT necessarily about this product but in general) about wipers scratching the polymer. Not sure what your top layer is and how it might address this concern.

Please do not hesitate to offer a technical discussion on this subject, I am assuming it is a cast product and not calendared, so vapor deposition, deposit process? Nano Ceramic I assume is the outer top layer. Then again it really does not require any stretch.... So maybe calendared?

I would also be interested to know the thickness. I am assuming it is optically clear and has some form of UV protectant.

I am interested in your product. My biggest concern is scratch resistance. (Above and beyond Indentational load deflection)

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.getexoshield.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for your comments and questions! You really know your stuff, so I'll take them step by step! I double-checked with our engineering team to answer a couple of these.

Scratching is a common concern we get from those who are interested in ULTRA! Windshield wipers themselves will not scratch the film. It's only when debris/dirt is lodged in the wipers that the risk of scratching increases. There are ways to manage and mitigate this (cleaning the windshield/wipers, replacing old wipers, ceramic coatings, etc).

In regards to our top layer, we have a proprietary Endurance Class nanocoating that gives the film the long-lasting effects everyone's looking for!

As the manufacturer of ExoShield ULTRA, our processes are IP, so that is information we cannot share publicly!

As far as thickness the film is the thickest single-layer film on the market at 8-mil and it does block 99% of UV!

Overall, ULTRA is built to be scratch-resistant and impact-resistant. Our films are widely known as the longest-lasting and clearest Windshield Protection Film options on the market. If you want any film clearer for longer, proper maintenance is critical. We have a full care guide available on our website!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for your comments and questions! You really know your stuff, so I'll take them step by step! I double-checked with our engineering team to answer a couple of these.

Scratching is a common concern we get from those who are interested in ULTRA! Windshield wipers themselves will not scratch the film. It's only when debris/dirt is lodged in the wipers that the risk of scratching increases. There are ways to manage and mitigate this (cleaning the windshield/wipers, replacing old wipers, ceramic coatings, etc).

In regards to our top layer, we have a proprietary Endurance Class nanocoating that gives the film the long-lasting effects everyone's looking for!

As the manufacturer of ExoShield ULTRA, our processes are IP, so that is information we cannot share publicly!

As far as thickness the film is the thickest single-layer film on the market at 8-mil and it does block 99% of UV!

Overall, ULTRA is built to be scratch-resistant and impact-resistant. Our films are widely known as the longest-lasting and clearest Windshield Protection Film options on the market. If you want any film clearer for longer, proper maintenance is critical. We have a full care guide available on our website!
Great answer, thank you.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn, missed this one somehow. Still on the original windshield and don't want to be replacing it lol.
Sponsored