Sponsored

Enable Cornering Fog Lights on Bronco with Modular Bumper via Forscan?

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying your way, so not working at first. I will keep a watch on it. Does it only work at night?
So here’s what I think is happening with the “Fog, DRL and Cornering” setting I enabled.

1. If lights are fully turned off, can’t turn on fogs and cornering isn’t activated.
2. If parking lamps are turned on, fogs can be manually turned on/off, but cornering isn’t available.
3. If auto-headlamps are turned on and it’s in DRL mode, the fogs automatically turn on and can’t be turned off as far as I can tell. I think this is because of the DRL feature I enabled.
4. If main headlights are on (either automatically or manually), then fogs can be manually turned on and off enabled and, when not turned on, cornering works.

In short, the cornering feature is working when the main lights are on. I’m going to try disabling the DRL feature to see if cornering works in DRL mode. I don’t think much of a use case in that scenario. And not sure I’m a fan of the fogs being on during the day with no ability to turn off. If I really need them, I can either switch to parking lamps or full headlights and manually turn on.

I should mention I was in Drive the whole time while testing. Not sure if that is relevant or if all of this should be the same in Park or Reverse. Also, I forgot to check what happens when I activate the turn signals. Will report back later.
Sponsored

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here’s what I think is happening with the “Fog, DRL and Cornering” setting I enabled.

1. If lights are fully turned off, can’t turn on fogs and cornering isn’t activated.
2. If parking lamps are turned on, fogs can be manually turned on/off, but cornering isn’t available.
3. If auto-headlamps are turned on and it’s in DRL mode, the fogs automatically turn on and can’t be turned off as far as I can tell. I think this is because of the DRL feature I enabled.
4. If main headlights are on (either automatically or manually), then fogs can be manually turned on and off enabled and, when not turned on, cornering works.

In short, the cornering feature is working when the main lights are on. I’m going to try disabling the DRL feature to see if cornering works in DRL mode. I don’t think much of a use case in that scenario. And not sure I’m a fan of the fogs being on during the day with no ability to turn off. If I really need them, I can either switch to parking lamps or full headlights and manually turn on.

I should mention I was in Drive the whole time while testing. Not sure if that is relevant or if all of this should be the same in Park or Reverse. Also, I forgot to check what happens when I activate the turn signals. Will report back later.
I just tested mine. Being in drive was the key. It looks to be working perfect. Is there a situation you would like me to test? I'm not sure what DRL is.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tested mine. Being in drive was the key. It looks to be working perfect. Is there a situation you would like me to test? I'm not sure what DRL is.
I just tested again. Everything (cornering and turn signal activation) seems to work as long as I’m in Drive, Reverse or Neutral and the main lights are on.

If you didn’t enable the DRL feature, I’ be curious if you can still turn on the fogs in that mode (or if cornering or turn signal activation). I’m going to disable the DRL feature as I don’t want the fogs on constantly during the day.

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tested again. Everything (cornering and turn signal activation) seems to work as long as I’m in Drive, Reverse or Neutral and the main lights are on.

If you didn’t enable the DRL feature, I’ be curious if you can still turn on the fogs in that mode (or if cornering or turn signal activation). I’m going to disable the DRL feature as I don’t want the fogs on constantly during the day.
I set it just as you laid out. The fogs are not coming on with out me pressing the button.
Does DRL mean the transmission is in drive?

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying your way, so not working at first. I will keep a watch on it. Does it only work at night?
Thanks for letting me know it has to be in drive. Looks to be working now.

Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I set it just as you laid out. The fogs are not coming on with out me pressing the button.
Does DRL mean the transmission is in drive?
DRL is referring to Daytime Running Lights. I have the light switch set to auto and had pull out of my garage for the main headlights to turn off. When I do that and car is in drive, neutral or reverse,, the fogs automatically turn on and can’t be turned off.

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DRL is referring to Daytime Running Lights. I have the light switch set to auto and had pull out of my garage for the main headlights to turn off. When I do that and car is in drive, neutral or reverse,, the fogs automatically turn on and can’t be turned off.
Yep, I just tested. Same for me. I played around with the settings some but couldn't stop the fogs from coming on with the DRL. I can live with that.

Last edited:

mlugb6ro

Badlands
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2d Rubicon, escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may be working after a quick test.