First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When my AC is on, recirculate turned off, fan speed above 4, I will get a whistle noise form the drivers side passenger window at freeway speeds. When you stand outside you can hear and feel the air rushing out at the top of the window or between the hard top panel and body.

The dealer has replaced the seal on the middle hard top panel which has not fixed it. I am not excited about another dealer visit, has anyone had a similar issue and fixed it themselves?

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like your window is angled and one side is a lot higher than the other. They (or you) may need to take off the door panel and adjust the window alignment. I've seen an instruction document on how to do it on these forums but I'm not able to find it right now.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also do you have anything in your rear tailgate that could be blocking the air exhaust vent things hidden behind the spare tire carrier?

I would think that air would escape through that instead of your window seal since it should have less resistance, so thought I'd ask if anything is blocking it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also do you have anything in your rear tailgate that could be blocking the air exhaust vent things hidden behind the spare tire carrier?

I would think that air would escape through that instead of your window seal since it should have less resistance, so thought I'd ask if anything is blocking it.
Nothing in the Cargo area, and no spare tire carrier.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing in the Cargo area, and no spare tire carrier.
No spare tire carrier as in you have a carrier delete? Does it block the air escape vents?

If so, it's probably a combination of that + the uneven window if I had to guess. Sounds like the air in your video is pretty pressurized

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No spare tire carrier as in you have a carrier delete? Does it block the air escape vents?

If so, it's probably a combination of that + the uneven window if I had to guess. Sounds like the air in your video is pretty pressurized
Ford Bronco Drivers Side - Passenger Window Air Leak - Hard Top 20240303_192739

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO I played around with adjusting the passenger rear door glass, raising the window up helped a little.

I also noticed that there seems to be some leaking air on the hard top as well as around the license plate light on the DV8 spare delete. I loosened the spare delete plate and that seemed to stop the air leak on the passenger side window.

It looks like the spare delete from DV8 does not allow enough air pressure relief out the rear vents in the tail gate. Not sure if its big enough deal to to drill some additional holes in it to vent more air.

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SO I played around with adjusting the passenger rear door glass, raising the window up helped a little.

I also noticed that there seems to be some leaking air on the hard top as well as around the license plate light on the DV8 spare delete. I loosened the spare delete plate and that seemed to stop the air leak on the passenger side window.

It looks like the spare delete from DV8 does not allow enough air pressure relief out the rear vents in the tail gate. Not sure if its big enough deal to to drill some additional holes in it to vent more air.
Glad you got it figured out. Not sure how the spare delete looks internally, but maybe you can add spacers behind the license plate to give it some extra space to breathe?

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you got it figured out. Not sure how the spare delete looks internally, but maybe you can add spacers behind the license plate to give it some extra space to breathe?

The DV8 kit is in 2 parts, one plate bolts to tailgate and then there is the cover that bolts on to that plate. The first plate has a foam/rubber gasket that the top part seals against. The license pate could be lifted away from the mounting service with some extra washers I guess.

I did drill some holes in the aluminum DV8 plate on the bottom, did not seem to help much, I think with the factory spare tire carrier it allows for those vents in the tail gate to vent fully with no obstruction.

Its only an issue if I have the fan speed set at 6 or 7 with recirculate off. I use recirculate pretty much all the time, in the summer I have never used the fan speed above 5.

Ford Bronco Drivers Side - Passenger Window Air Leak - Hard Top 20240317_130856
Sponsored