Sponsored

Driver side rear quarter panel bracket question

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello, so I noticed my driver side rear quarter panel looked slightly misaligned so I took off the weather stripping piece to see if there was a bolt that needed to be tightened or something. I found that the bracket inside was bent back and not bolted to anything, is that normal? I know on other trims this bracket is in the other direction and bolted down

20240519_183336.jpg
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks like there is a bolt right there in the middle of what you circled?

I’d say what does it look like on the other side but with the tailgate hinges there it may look a lot different

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bolt in the middle isn't connected to anything else besides the bracket itself. I've seen on other trims this bracket is not bent (so the left side is straight and in this case should be bent about 90 degrees closer to the camera) and then there is a bolt through the square hole on the right connecting it a hole above the the rubber stopper. I just don't know if that's how it should be on a raptor since the quarter panels are different but I can't find a good reference. Though not sure why the bracket would be there in the first place if this isn't a factory mess up lol
Sponsored