First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were super nice...they even shared that they had already received multiple calls regarding the same general concerns I have. The person with whom I spoke said 24-72 hours for the change to take place in the system...and the timestamp you initially had stays intact. Maybe if enough people pull stakes from a particular dealer they won't keep tacking on BS additional charges and they might actually call customers back?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was weird is that the third number did not work from my cell phone but it did work on a land line.

Toogrady

First Edition
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also had my reservation converted to an order without consent. I even told the dealer NOT to convert until I gave them the go ahead. I was waiting to see if I was going to move out of state/order out of state before making the dealer change. My dealer and I went back and forth with me requesting them to change back to a reservation, without it happening. The sales rep was either not up to speed on the process or just being shady trying to affirm to me that it was not converted, but just an automated email from Ford (My account said order). I also requested the manager get involved. Either way, they did not take care of the situation. I just got off of the phone with Ford, 800-334-4375, they transferred me to the Bronco team, and I now have a case number. The Ford Bronco team rep said she made a manual request to have the order converted back to reservation status. They will also change dealers if needed on the same call.
Ford seems to be listening and disseminating information to the team, as well as giving authority to do the right thing. Thanks to the previous 43 pages of those that raised your hands and helped Ford get on this issue.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone else probably already said this and if so then I'm just agreeing with them but I think anyone who knows they're going to order should start the process sooner than later because with all this dealer confusion/shadyness/lack of knowledge, you might start trying to get your correct order put in and it could be a few weeks of cancelling/transferring/communication until you finally get your order in exactly how you want it and where you want it. Seems like the worry of getting locked in after placing your order isn't as much of a worry anymore since there are ways to change an order back to a reservation. Just my thoughts ?‍♂

Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone else probably already said this and if so then I'm just agreeing with them but I think anyone who knows they're going to order should start the process sooner than later because with all this dealer confusion/shadyness/lack of knowledge, you might start trying to get your correct order put in and it could be a few weeks of cancelling/transferring/communication until you finally get your order in exactly how you want it and where you want it. Seems like the worry of getting locked in after placing your order isn't as much of a worry anymore since there are ways to change an order back to a reservation. Just my thoughts ?‍♂
This is solid advice. I'm almost a week into my nightmare.

donarcher38

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer contacted me, said to configure it and send it to them, than they would submit the order. It went just like they said, even called me to confirm everything before the order was submitted. Of course if you don't pick up your bronco, they would have it for sale which is just smart on their part, and they could return your reservation cost.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer contacted me, said to configure it and send it to them, than they would submit the order. It went just like they said, even called me to confirm everything before the order was submitted. Of course if you don't pick up your bronco, they would have it for sale which is just smart on their part, and they could return your reservation cost.
Mine did the same and he then emailed me my order confirmation with msrp and invoice listed. Ford also sent me a congratulatory email on my order of a Bronco First Edition 4-door.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just called Ford and it was easy peasy to get our reservations that were taken hostage released...
Dealerships are very pissed at Ford for not giving them total control of this vehicle and the sales...could anyone imagine if Ford let the individually owned dealerships control the sales??

We would all be paying 10k over sticker and not get anything we wanted..Thank you J.F., for recognising this issue in our company and starting to fix it.. We all know this will take time but, we know, you will fix this problem in Ford motor company.

We should be paying extra attention to the coasts with this vehicle.

These trucks and others are very special to those of us who build them here at Ford and this kind of stuff gets under our skin. Our customers are more like partners, and should be treated as such.

Again, this issue will be raised in more than one location inside of the Ford Motor company. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Jim and team. These customers do not deserve this and it reflects on us, who are working very hard under less than ideal conditions to build these special vehicles for the enthusiast.

404ND2

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport, MX-5 ND2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happened to me. Dealer said they got the notification that they can start converting reservations to orders so they did....without reaching out to customers first. I talked to the manager and he claims that they thought all the options were already chosen when customers put in their reservations, only thing left to do was fulfill orders. I told him that was not the case as the build site wasn't even available for months after reservation site opened. Also cited the next steps emails that we had all received.

I told him I'd send my build sheet and that I'd like my order to reflect it. They have 44 allocations and i'm #26. I could probably have a 2021 but according to what I've been reading on these forums my options could push me into 2022 (v6+lux+2 door Badlands)

Not real surprised here.

Update: All fixed and received an email from ford about my order. Now I'm wondering what would have happened if I wasn't proactive. I originally reserved an outer banks but changed it. Would an outer banks with 0 options just have shown up with the default builder color?

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611865624125

Last edited:

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HI
yesterday i pass at my dealer for convert my reservation to an order. PROBLEM they can`t order all my specification. We want a BAD LAND. OR originaly i have reservation for a WILDTRACK on the ford site they have bug YESTERDAY. TODAY i receive an email from ford who confirm i have ORDER a WILDTRACK with an order number AND I DO`NT sing anything on the dealer. the dealer is very honnest the problen is with shit FORD SYSTEM.
yeah FORD have a lot of problem...
scuse my english i am french CANADIAN...
TRACKTOY

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe we should have a list of offending dealers.
Make it easier on Ford to figure out who is not on the up and up. Also to come up with a list of customers who’ve been affected.
How do we do that? The members here are just a small percentage of all the reservation holders. God only knows how many people this has happened to! And the fact that so many dealers are doing this at the same time... Smells of collusion/conspiracy. :cry:

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me. Dealer said they got the notification that they can start converting reservations to orders so they did....without reaching out to customers first. I talked to the manager and he claims that they thought all the options were already chosen when customers put in their reservations, only thing left to do was fulfill orders. I told him that was not the case as the build site wasn't even available for months after reservation site opened. Also cited the next steps emails that we had all received.

I told him I'd send my build sheet and that I'd like my order to reflect it. They have 44 allocations and i'm #26. I could probably have a 2021 but according to what I've been reading on these forums my options could push me into 2022 (v6+lux+2 door Badlands)

Not real surprised here.
That manager is either a moron or a liar. Either way, you should walk into the showroom and kick him in the nuts! ;)

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Check this out...my local dealer here in SoCal had tried to get ahead of the wave back in December by having customers come in with build sheets in hand and fill out a skeleton finance form (without all the finance-specific info). I gave my reservation numbers, and we sat at the computer. I knew from this forum that the order bank was not yet open, and given the hundreds of reservations this particular dealer had I figured the info would get in there eventually. I just discovered the info DID get inputted...because both my reservations are now converted to orders, but the dealer never adjusted my earlier reservation order build sheet price that he asked me to sign and hand over (even though the Ford site had not accurately reflected the auto tranny at that time) AND the second reservation was converted to an order WITHOUT a build sheet. I completely understand that with well over 400-500 (maybe even higher) reservations that the "Bronco guy" must be CRAZY busy...and that might be why I have had no call back or any other outreach, but what really bugs me is that I learned today (even though I was told initially that the dealer will sell at MSRP...
fair enough IF I can even get one) the dealer sells EVERY car with GPS and "door edge guards" (1600 dollars). Having once sold cars a long time ago for a SHORT period of time, and fully understanding that the goal of any dealer (cars or drugs) is to make money, it strikes me as total BS that any dealer can slap stuff on a car I don't need or WANT and attempt to bend me over for whatever they charge accordingly. Hopefully the message I left for the sales guy will get returned, and I can get an EXACT price quote that reflects an accurate build (AND no 1600 "extras"), but if not I may invoke the Ford contact number and force a dealer change. Anyone else getting raped?
Man I hope not. I think I have my 2nd reservation at that SAME dealer you speak of.....which is the "largest Ford dealer" in the world, located in North Hills. I haven't seen anything and its been a crummy experience so far so we shall see where it goes.
Sponsored