Sponsored

Curt wiring harness for LED lights aux power switch ok?

DrHam

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi SQ8, 2012 Audi R8 6MT Spyder, 2DBronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.curtmfg.com/part/56468

Installing this wiring harness and was curious if it's ok to utilize one of the AUX factory power switches or if I risk damaging anything? If it needs to be wired directly to the battery it's not a big deal but didn't really want this powered all the time. Thank you!
Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure about that, but it's really not that difficult to run it to the battery as instructed. I put mine on one of the extra terminals on the battery

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't overthink it. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to wire this to a switch.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my STi that I was only ever going to tow a small, 8x4 aluminum trailer with the minimum LED lights, I powered this from the parking lamp wire. Was difficult to get under that car and I didn’t want to run the wire all the way to the front. Anytime I’d tow I’d turn the parking lights on and leave them on the whole time because they’d time out anyway when the car was off.

my buddy used the 12 aux port on his Porsche SUV with no issues.

however, on my JLUR it was so easy to climb underneath I ran the power to the battery, and I’d do the same on the Bronco if I didn’t have the tow package
Sponsored