Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the $25 TD mesh bimini. First installed last Friday and ran all weekend great.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the mesh. You still get enough light to feel 'open' but without baking in the sun at stoplights.

Supposedly it can stay on with the hardtop, but I didn't like it. I wasn't entirely sure what to do about the crossbar that uses the same bolting locations, and I didn't like how it sagged when in the 'stowed' position. The zippers aren't in quite the right position to reach the hardtop handles, either.

Nail in the coffin was that it made it almost impossible to get my ratchet straps through for the hardtop hoist, but that's outside the intended design.

I'm fine taking the mesh top off when the hardtop goes back on.

OP
OP
SoccerM

SoccerM

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love the mesh. You still get enough light to feel 'open' but without baking in the sun at stoplights.

Supposedly it can stay on with the hardtop, but I didn't like it. I wasn't entirely sure what to do about the crossbar that uses the same bolting locations, and I didn't like how it sagged when in the 'stowed' position. The zippers aren't in quite the right position to reach the hardtop handles, either.

Nail in the coffin was that it made it almost impossible to get my ratchet straps through for the hardtop hoist, but that's outside the intended design.

I'm fine taking the mesh top off when the hardtop goes back on.

Thanks. Which mesh brand did you go with?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This one, the genuine Ford accessory

Only real bother is installation/removal involves a long screw on the rear speakers.

The crossbar sometimes felt a little loose, so I 3d printed a thicker bushing for the ends. Not required but if you have the ability, why not?

Beyond that, absolutely one of my favorite accessories.

Sponsored

amjump

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m going back and forth myself but leaning towards the JTop mesh since I’m not as worried about rain and feel like the canvas might defeat the purpose of taking the top off. It seems like it lets a good amount of light in but if it’s waterproof it’s gotta be pretty sturdy too.

Down the line I might consider a canvas top as an alternative to a soft top for my two door but for now the mesh makes more sense.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like J top has a pretty healthy quality review here, definitely on the pricey side. Those of you who bought one, are you still sticking by your choice ?
Sponsored