First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C-Max Energi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious who else has May 6 as their scheduled build date, and if so when did you place your order. I'll tell my story, I don't actually have this build date (well, I do and I don't)

On March 15 I placed an order for a 4-door Big Bend, Velocity Blue, non-Sas, 2.3L auto with mid package, MIC hard top and a few other upgrades like tube steps and signature lighting. Six days later on March 21 I got the email that my build was scheduled for May 6. That was pretty fast!

Then I changed my mind and I decided I wanted to upgrade to an Outer Banks because I wanted access to the lux package. So I went back to my dealer and put in a new order for OBX, VB, non-Sas, 2.3L mic, auto, lux. He may not have cancelled my Big Bend because I am assuming he'll just sell it and I can still track it's VIN number. But he did not charge me a separate deposit. Just carried my original over.

That was March 25 and now it's been over two weeks and I haven't yet received a build date. I know that's nothing compared to what a lot of people have experienced but I am just curious why the BB was such a fast turnaround and the OBX isn't.

I have searched extensively (nationwide) for the exact build I want on a dealer's lot and the few I have found are 2000+ miles away. I specifically want the roast interior and I see so many with the navy instead.

EDIT: literally as I was posting this, I got an email that my build date is scheduled for 5/27/24.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Babealicious

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RIP: ‘89 Camaro RS, ‘14 Challenger Rallye Redline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious who else has May 6 as their scheduled build date, and if so when did you place your order. I'll tell my story, I don't actually have this build date (well, I do and I don't)

On March 15 I placed an order for a 4-door Big Bend, Velocity Blue, non-Sas, 2.3L auto with mid package, MIC hard top and a few other upgrades like tube steps and signature lighting. Six days later on March 21 I got the email that my build was scheduled for May 6. That was pretty fast!

Then I changed my mind and I decided I wanted to upgrade to an Outer Banks because I wanted access to the lux package. So I went back to my dealer and put in a new order for OBX, VB, non-Sas, 2.3L mic, auto, lux. He may not have cancelled my Big Bend because I am assuming he'll just sell it and I can still track it's VIN number. But he did not charge me a separate deposit. Just carried my original over.

That was March 25 and now it's been over two weeks and I haven't yet received a build date. I know that's nothing compared to what a lot of people have experienced but I am just curious why the BB was such a fast turnaround and the OBX isn't.

I have searched extensively (nationwide) for the exact build I want on a dealer's lot and the few I have found are 2000+ miles away. I specifically want the roast interior and I see so many with the navy instead.

EDIT: literally as I was posting this, I got an email that my build date is scheduled for 5/27/24.
Glad you got your build date scheduled!!