Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those gaps around the edge will argue that.. I actually do not like that its solid and prefer the jtops for the mesh. I like being able to see thru it.
I have a Jtops. I wouldn't run with out it with the top and doors off. If this is the same person from the NW Idaho or Oregon he was advertising them as rain covers not sun shades.
Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_5587.JPG
Sponsored

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn't wanna slap a velcro sticker down the side of roll cage with the jtop one, but it looks like nice when it's installed.
I was hesitant too, but I went ahead and did it. Velcro down the sides... but, It works great. Much quieter than the Bimini top from Ford. (We sold that one after a single trip to Moab.) Yes, it bothers me to have velcro on the top, especially from Sept to May when we don't need one at all. I'm not sure what will go on our next Bronco which we hope will arrive in early 24 or 25 or 26...

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my jtops but the velcro has started peeling off the roll bar. I contaced them and theyre sending me a replacement kit and have since upgraded to 2" wide for better grip.

Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_5587.JPG
Sorry for the issue we are sending a kit. As we discussed itā€™s really important the surface be clean. The last step of cleaning with 99.9% alcohol is critical. Rubbing alcohol or installing when itā€™s hot will cause issues. Acrylic adhesive is very finicky but is incredibly strong once it has cured.
Thanks for the feedback.
Mike

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed and tested my BB canvas top. Really impressive at high speeds. Canā€™t go wrong with this top.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There Is a difference between the Jtops and this one. This one is water proof the Jtops is not.
The solid bikini is not waterproof. The gaps all around the top will let in buckets of rain.
Letā€™s keep to the fact guys.

You will soon see what a quality custom fit canvas Bimini top looks like šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So why are Jtops not compatible with the AC hardtop? The AC top is exactly like the OEM one. The only pro I see with Jtop is that you can leave the bimini when you put back the hard top.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my opinion, but it looks like garbage compared to the ones from JTops, etc.. Yah, it may be cheaper, but it looks like you definitely get what you pay for. Again, just my 2c.
I got the JTop...I have a buddy who has it on his Bronco...the fitment is perfect and it feels great. I cannot compare to other brands, but I can assure you the JTop is top rate...

I will be getting my bronco in the next few days...the JTop will be on it ASAP.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the fabric is waterproof but the inside will get soaked from the gaps. Also explain how you get the water out when it collects on the top?

Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_8818
I am not saying I believe them I am just sharing what they stated. I have a Ford cab cover and it does the same thing. After a few tries with different thing to stop this from happing, I ended up with a boat cover center support to raise the top enough to keep the water from puddling. This person is going to get wet.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry for the issue we are sending a kit. As we discussed itā€™s really important the surface be clean. The last step of cleaning with 99.9% alcohol is critical. Rubbing alcohol or installing when itā€™s hot will cause issues. Acrylic adhesive is very finicky but is incredibly strong once it has cured.
Thanks for the feedback.
Mike
Thanks again for your help. I will highly recommend you guys in the future.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a top that ticks all the boxes for me. I had a '78 Bronco and took it to a boat canopy shop, different setup but loved it. Plan to do the same. Not a fan of bungee cords, gaps. Thinking of a hard mounting for the front and solid material over the front seats than mesh back to the lower roll bar. Just my thoughts...šŸ¤”

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will soon see what a quality custom fit canvas Bimini top looks like šŸ˜Ž
Resurrecting this thread to see if you have an update on this statement. Currently in the market for a bikini/safari top. Hesitant to get mesh as I want some rain protection. Like the connection method of the JTops solution

Yes the fabric is waterproof but the inside will get soaked from the gaps. Also explain how you get the water out when it collects on the top?

Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_8818
Back when I had my Jeep TJ, I had a Bestop bikini which was a 2 door and the top only covered the front seats. The ā€œsafariā€ covered front & rear seats.

I canā€™t speak to this product but I am considering it. My concern is exactly what this picture shows. On the bikini I had, it would pond similar to this and when you turned it would ā€œdrainā€ on either the driver or passenger, depending which direction you turned. If you managed to get parked w/o dumping the pond in your lap then be careful getting out. Grabbing the roll bar and shifting weight as you were exiting was often enough movement to win a free shower.

I donā€™t recall bungee cords but there was some straps you could synch. Probably more straps would have made it sag/pond less. The gap between the roll bar and bikini was definitely a natural pathway for the inevitable waterfall. Getting something over those bars would have helped. However, as I ran doorless most the time too, it may have still got me.

This gets me back to thinking the JTops solution with canvas as opposed to mesh might be a solution. Otherwise, I am also considering a Rampage soft top that looks like a bikini/safari when the windows are out.

Msell71

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 84 SVO, 66 2+2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got my BB top installed and highway tested. No flapping noise at all. Was an easy install and simple to put hardtop back on.
Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_1645
Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_1648
Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_1647

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my BB top installed and highway tested. No flapping noise at all. Was an easy install and simple to put hardtop back on.
Ford Bronco BroncoBikini IMG_1647
Very nice !
I have one that I've been waiting on the nicer weather to install. Hands down the best bimini out there !
Sponsored