Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Fellow Northwesterners,

I wanted to share out that my wife and I attended the Off-Rodea site in Austin last weekend. The choice of Austin was for other needs to be there.

Before the event my wife had quite a few concerns and reservations about taking our Bronco off road and experiencing "some" of the terrain that many of the YouTube videos show. We decided before going that she would do the majority of the driving to experience and learn best. We also took out the insurance. If for no other reason to reduce her stress and eliminate what-ifs.

During the day we utilized virtually all the Badland's features. As a general rule our Bronco guide had us start with minimal applicable features enabled and work on skill before layering on more and more features. It was a great approach and helped learn what the Bronco is capable of. And fun experiencing limits (mostly skill wise) and then enabling a "hero button" and voila. She was absolutely comfortable all day and continued to effortlessly control the Bronco and the features.

One of her best observations was with another driver in our group that was experiencing high anxiety on a specific obstacle. The guide handled it so well on a personal level and enabled all the necessary features to ensure success. The bronco walked right up a pretty steep boulder and the group was cheering in great support of the accomplishment. The driver was relieved and so happy to work through it and experience what the bronco was able to accomplish.

Lastly, which seems to be an optional part of the day, was the roadrunner. Baja baby. Great dirt track and boy did my wife embrace this. It is kind of her happy place in driving curvy roads at speed.

I have some stills and video that I'll try to upload later.

Happy Trails All
Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to hear it was a positive experience, I went to the Moab off rodeo in September and enjoyed the seat time in the rig.