First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Girlfriend bought a used big bend. She wants it to look like it's a sasquached package.

Can I just order a wheel and tire package from tire rack (already found what she wants) for a sasquach and they'll bolt directly on. Meaning is the bolt pattern the same?
To my understanding I'll also need to remove crash bars and put a 2 inch level kit in the front to accomadat the new 315 tires?
Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Congrats!!!! Pics please.

Fenders and Sasquatch rims. Crash bars may need to be modified but if she won't go off road the crash bar mod may not be needed. (I am not sure about this)

BTW, the Big Bend grill is my fav. Sometimes I regret changing.

OP
OP

Sata1

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats!!!! Pics please.

Fenders and Sasquatch rims. Crash bars may need to be modified but if she won't go off road the crash bar mod may not be needed. (I am not sure about this)

BTW, the Big Bend grill is my fav. Sometimes I regret changing.
What do you mean "squathed rims"? You mean wheels? I asked if just ordering wheels for a sasquached bronco would fit the big bend.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What do you mean "squathed rims"? You mean wheels? I asked if just ordering wheels for a sasquached bronco would fit the big bend.

I mistyped. LOL Yes that would get it done pending the crash bar mod. People do sell the takes offs. FYI, buying a set off of this board may save you $$$ instead of buying from the dealership..

Sponsored

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stock BigBend rims are +55 offsets
Sasquatch rims are +33 , you may or may not get some rubbing if you go to a bigger tire with the 55 offset.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are just after the look,

A slight lift (1.5-2.0") and 35" tires gets you there without needing to go crazy. Add in the wider fenders and no one could tell the difference from the outside.

Upgrading the rims is an option, but you can get 35's on your stock rims as well, although you may need spacers to go with it depending on how wide of a tier you get.

Khakiman

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, crash bars will need removing.
2” lift will be perfect

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can I just order a wheel and tire package from tire rack (already found what she wants) for a sasquach and they'll bolt directly on. Meaning is the bolt pattern the same?
For this - you will need to make sure the bolt pattern matches. The 6th gen Bronco is 6X139.7mm (or 6x5.5") - sometimes called PCD (pitch circle diameter)

Rims you have to specify radius (Big Bend Sas is 17"), width (8.5"), offset (SAS is +33, you don't necessarily have to match this - smaller numbers will stick out (poke) further), and the bolt pattern (6x5.5). SAS has bead locks, but those are optional.

So an exact match to a SAS RIm would be a 17x8.5, +33, 6x5.5 PCD, with bead locks.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Girlfriend bought a used big bend. She wants it to look like it's a sasquached package.

To my understanding I'll also need to remove crash bars and put a 2 inch level kit in the front to accomadat the new 315 tires?
If not going off-road, a lift isn't necessary, unless you want it for appearance. Some folks even install Sas Territory 315/75R17 tires on the stock wheels. I removed front crash bars and installed 315 tires on some Ford Ranger wheels with a bit more offset, and have had no issues. (I'll be installing a mild lift this summer for off-road clearance.)

With the automatic trans and 10 gears, seems like it accommodates tire diameter changes reasonably well, compared to the old days with only a 3 or 4 speed auto. With my manual trans, the top 6th highway overdrive gear is less useful with the 315s.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another thing to consider is, if the Bronco doesn't have the rear locker (4.27 gearing), 33's may be a better choice.
Why 33's if there is no locker and 4.27 gearing?
Sponsored