Sponsored

Better than a traditional jump start -- KeenPower SuperCap Portable Jump Starter 6000A

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought one of these from Amazon (on sale now for 170 down from 300):

KeenPower SuperCap Portable Jump Starter 6000A Peak, Extremely Safe Super Capacitor Car Jump Starter Gasoline and Diesel Engines Up to 16-Liters https://a.co/d/7yk7nba

It is pretty awesome...it is a capacitor, with far more staring capacity than what you'd get in an average lithium ion pack, and it is far more heat resistant (so you can leave it in your car). It is also less likely to go up in flames (like some lithium packs have). The short story is that if you have a battery in a vehicle that does not have enough voltage to crank engine, but it has enough voltage to click the solenoid or to run an interior light, you connect this unit to it and in minutes it takes whatever voltage the flat battery has in it and stores it in the capacitor. You then press a button and you have 10 seconds to start your car with enough power to do so. I took a couple batteries out of my RV today, one was at about 11 volts and the other was it about 9.5...and I connected the capacitor to it and within a couple of minutes it went to 100% and was ready to start a car. Very handy to have with you. Here is a much better explanation of the same concept but a different brand:

Sponsored