Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easy enough to do. It is only spot welded on there. cut the spot welds and will come right off.
That's what I was thinking just grind them off to service the bar if need be
Sponsored

NamesLucky

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MT Badlands, '67 Bronco (gone by forest fire)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I order those reinforcement brackets separately not realizing the kit came with them. They really beef up the mounting.

I wanted to cut the mesh plate out but not the tube itself though.
Can you order these brackets separately? Or do you have the spare set still, I could buy from you? Do you think they would work with the Modular bumper with some modification? They look more beefy than the LOD brackets that are available.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you order these brackets separately? Or do you have the spare set still, I could buy from you? Do you think they would work with the Modular bumper with some modification? They look more beefy than the LOD brackets that are available.
I used the ones that came with my kit. You can get these here

https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-black-ops-front-bumper-frame-tie-in-brackets/BFT2101

On the one that HD came with does not have the extra bolt and resulting hole that it needs to be drilled vs the Black Ops ones. You can run it with one bolt like the HD is configured to use though.

I am really happy with this bumper so far minus the 1 mpg reduction in efficiency.

Should have an update soon with the added fog lights and re paint.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry have been tardy in posting an update on the bumper and its completion a few weeks ago.
I think it came out sweet.

Welded the crush bar and repainted it. Including the scuff marks left as an open box item.

Added the expandable foam to fill the gap created to ensure proper air flow through radiator

Added 24” curved light bar and dual beam fog lights. I needed to make a custom light bracket to hold the fog lights using my 3d printer. Very happy with how it came out. I like the dual light set up in one fixture.

Got the steal skid plate. Had to cut notches in the hard plate to allow for the tow eyelets as I was not going to buy new brackets or cut them off. It came out real sweet with the rubber door trim.

All in all not bad for loss of 1 mpg.

IMG_5245.jpeg

IMG_5243.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5259.jpeg

IMG_5327.jpeg

Last edited:

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What fog lights did you go with?

do you need to relocate cameras or acc?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What fog lights did you go with?

do you need to relocate cameras or acc?
I got these duel beam lights.
https://www.led-colight.com/products/3-inch-db-p-series-dual-beam-yellow-white-fog-lights-pods

Not a fan of the white spots as they are spots even at 100 yards as spot. The low bean fogs are really bright and project far.

The camera was an addition to the base sqatch

From ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3544042458...4msHm3HQJq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

No Accessories needed to be moved or replaced.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I got these duel beam lights.
https://www.led-colight.com/products/3-inch-db-p-series-dual-beam-yellow-white-fog-lights-pods

Not a fan of the white spots as they are spots even at 100 yards as spot. The low bean fogs are really bright and project far.

The camera was an addition to the base sqatch

From ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3544042458...4msHm3HQJq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

No Accessories needed to be moved or replaced.
How do the lights fit? The angle of the cutouts make it look like they would point to the outside so are they staight or do they have a mount inside to pull them in some?

Thanks, this is one of the few bumper options that I like!

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How do the lights fit? The angle of the cutouts make it look like they would point to the outside so are they staight or do they have a mount inside to pull them in some?

Thanks, this is one of the few bumper options that I like!
The HD has a mount. But I had to design and 3d printed my own brackets for it. As the brackets it comes with (the light) need to be supported from the bottom as the Bumper has the mount on top to hang it from the inside. So instead of buying new set and figuring out it would fit I just made my own and printed a set.

Ps as you can kinda tell I had to bend the HD’s mounts for the screen back a bit to get it out of the way of the bracket when pointing the light straight. Could have made the bracket wall thinner. But went for beefy vs slim

IMG_5706.jpeg

Last edited:

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it, makes sense.

No 3d printer handy for me, so I’ll have to find some lights that fit a little more simply out if the box if you know any.

I do like this bumper generally, which is a big plus, and if that is no need to relocate the acc or cameras that come with the Wildtrack I’m even more interested.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Open box that is 😎 got a good deal 399 shipped

The scuff marks give it personality in my opinion 🐮. Badsquatch is coming along.

Thanks to
https://www.extremeterrain.com/ford-bronco-accessories-parts-2021.html?rd=1

I did the one man method and did not pre load the the massive tow plates that together are as heavy as the main bumper almost!. No wonder according to the assembly instructions you need two people.
I just ordered this bumper.

Can you tell me about how you attached the tow plates separately - was that before or after the main bumper install? i likely will be doing a solo install myself. Any tricks to this - how you bolted up the two plates etc. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just ordered this bumper.

Can you tell me about how you attached the tow plates separately - was that before or after the main bumper install? i likely will be doing a solo install myself. Any tricks to this - how you bolted up the two plates etc. Thanks!
Sorry took some time to respond. Life gets in the way….had to regain password etc
Its quite straightforward like the video, you instal the reinforcement brackets first, pre load the steal plates on the main bumper and man it up until you get one of the nuts on.
Parking a bit up hill as gravity helps keep things place as you get all the fasteners on.

I hope you have an easy time like I did.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry took some time to respond. Life gets in the way….had to regain password etc
Its quite straightforward like the video, you instal the reinforcement brackets first, pre load the steal plates on the main bumper and man it up until you get one of the nuts on.
Parking a bit up hill as gravity helps keep things place as you get all the fasteners on.

I hope you have an easy time like I did.
Installed and done! Notes:
  • I had the bracket on the bull bar removed by a metal fabricator (I prefer a plain bar); I painted that part of the bar with primer and https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...lack-Protective-Spray-Paint-7220830/100121155
  • I ordered an adapter from Amazon for the OEM harness, it didn't work (I bent the wire tabs in the adapter trying to get it to fit). Ended up using Diode Dynamics Deutsch DT Adapter, H11/H8/H9/800/881 .
  • Removed the crash bars - plan to get a new set of tires in 2025.
I'm very pleased with the results. Saved $100 on an ExtremeTerrain Memorial day sale, so about $700 - though I put the savings back into the bumper with the items above. And my son worked with me on the installation, which hands-down was the best part of all.

Ford Bronco Barricade HD Tubular Front For Mongo image_67533825 (1).JPG
Ford Bronco Barricade HD Tubular Front For Mongo image_67224065.JPG
Sponsored