TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hold on, the fact is this should have never happened , that’s why they are including anti-seize giz… I have never had a bolt/nylonnut seize in my 45 year life… this is truely pathetic that it’s not being head on addressed by BD or 4x4 considering a 1,000+ purchase !!!
Here's a good article/explanation on the why it happens with stainless steel fasteners and the different solutions. Definitely something that should have been addressed earlier by BD, and can be addressed in a few ways, including different specs on the stainless steel fasteners.

https://www.fabory.com/en/knowledge...teel/the_seizing_of_stainless_steel_fasteners

A couple highlights:

On threaded fasteners (e.g., nuts and bolts), there is a large buildup of pressure on the contact surfaces in the thread flanks, which leads to intensifying friction and adhesion, and it may lead to seizing of the threads. Products made from austenitic stainless steel or aluminum are always more sensitive to this effect in comparison to steel products, which is because since these metals are more ductile and have a crystalline atomic structure. For this reason, austenitic stainless steel fasteners present far more seizing problems than steel fasteners."

Products that purposely affect higher friction in the threads (e.g., lock nuts that exert a clamping force in the threads) greatly increase the chances of seizing.
Ford Bronco Baja Design install help needed IMG_7993
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Super easy for BD and 4x4 to send out an email notifying everyone that has purchased their product of the issue, but they didn’t. Unacceptable!

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi there, welcome to the conversation :) If you scroll up you'll see we have been addressing this AND Baja Designs has addressed this as well...
Welcome to the conversation? Are you kidding me, you represent 4x4 and you are making trolling comments? The only reason I know of this issue is “I” brought it up! Neither BD or 4x4 sent me communication on this issue. Absolutely no reason both shouldn’t have sent out an email proactively letting customers know about the issue. Not a big deal for anyone to go buy new hardware or anti-seize but it is a big deal to knowingly have an issue and not let customers know about the issue. Even bigger deal having a rep troll this forum. Maybe you should have emailed customer instead of making troll comments on forums! I reached out on this forum or an actual issue and “you” are replying is this fashion.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the conversation? Are you kidding me, you represent 4x4 and you are making trolling comments? The only reason I know of this issue is “I” brought it up! Neither BD or 4x4 sent me communication on this issue. Absolutely no reason both shouldn’t have sent out an email proactively letting customers know about the issue. Not a big deal for anyone to go buy new hardware or anti-seize but it is a big deal to knowingly have an issue and not let customers know about the issue. Even bigger deal having a rep troll this forum. Maybe you should have emailed customer instead of making troll comments on forums! I reached out on this forum or an actual issue and “you” are replying is this fashion.
You're on here arguing as if nobody is doing anything. Yet we've already made numerous replies telling folks Baja has sent us anti-seize lubricant and we're including them with kits. We've also replaced hardware if customers need it. Not everybody has an issue FYI. I get it, you had an issue, but not everybody has an issue it's only a few folks who were having issues. So why would we email hundreds upon hundreds of customers when a select few folks had issues? We address issues on a 1 on 1 basis and to help avoid ANY issues in the future, we've worked with Baja to include the anti-seize lubricant (although I've personally never used it in any of my installs but that's not to say it won't help folks avoid any possible issues).

You never reached out to us direct for assistance either. We would have been happy to send you new hardware (which we've done for folks).

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I laugh when those guys on a car show are building an exhaust system and they put the air ratchet on the stainless clamp bolts and buzz them on 🙈
Sponsored