First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Experian: "more than a third of all new vehicles bought in the fourth quarter were financed with loans with terms of six years or more"

Are automakers - together with government agencies who keep mandating unnecessary shit on every vehicle made - are they killing the 'golden goose'?

For a frame of reference, see all the recent articles on 'student loans'. Once vehicles become too expensive for most folks to buy....I suppose the government plans to start giving them away for free :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a lot of people are buying vehicles that are out of their budget more than anything else.
In 2021, Edmunds.com reported that the average new car price is over $39,950.....while the Census Bureau reports the real median household income reached $68,703 in 2019.

Sounds like a bubble to me!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a lot of people are buying vehicles that are out of their budget more than anything else.
Yep, if you have to take a 7 year loan for a vehicle, you can't afford that vehicle. 1 mishap and you will be so far upside down.

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's the American Way ®

In 2021, Edmunds.com reported that the average new car price is over $39,950.....while the Census Bureau reports the real median household income reached $68,703 in 2019.

Sounds like a bubble to me!
There's not nearly enough outstanding auto loan debt to even remotely consider calling this a bubble. It's also quite easy for the banks to repossess cars and sell them again.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who makes money on gap insurance? They should be doing well.
7 years. Man, that used to be a boat loan.
Sponsored