First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got a 4" drop on my hitch and there is just enough room to fit the trailer Coupler over the ball and under the spare tire. This photo is all hooked up and looks like plenty of room. The problem comes during the hitching process before the Bronco suspension is compressed. Ultimately the top of the ball should line up with the bottom of the shank. Zoom in for better view.

Ford Bronco Andersen weight distribution hitch 20230115_125318

I wish this would work for me. Unless i lift the trailer, I think itd go nose high if i were to level the Bronco, using the Anderson hitch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sportcoupe

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see now that the trailer will play a big factor in compatability of any hitch and a SAS equipped bronco spare tire.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the hitch for my 6x14 cargo trailer and it works great. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work for you. Maybe if your trailer tongue was really high but then you’d have a problem no matter what hitch you use.

OP
OP
sportcoupe

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the hitch for my 6x14 cargo trailer and it works great. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work for you. Maybe if your trailer tongue was really high but then you’d have a problem no matter what hitch you use.
Because the camper I am looking at has a ball height of 24". Anderson says hitch should be 1.5 above that. So 25.5" puts me into the SAS spare tire depending on how far the Anderson sticks out.

Sponsored

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this will help, but I use one with my Badlands without Sas.
Ford Bronco Andersen weight distribution hitch camper

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Because the camper I am looking at has a ball height of 24". Anderson says hitch should be 1.5 above that. So 25.5" puts me into the SAS spare tire depending on how far the Anderson sticks out.
Got it, I guess if you want the trailer level (generally the best setup) you're going to have an issue no matter what hitch you use. It doesn't look like the Andersen shank will extend far enough to clear the tire unless you use an extension which I don't think I'd use with a weight distributing hitch.

Couple of options, first just run with the hitch an inch or so lower. Probably won't adversely affect the towing. Second you could get one of the kits to mount the spare higher but that would probably be expensive.

I think I'd just run with the tongue just below the spare and see how it works. You can buy a basic hitch to see how it lines up and if it's okay you can get the Andersen hitch. Turning and most of the time the hitch will never get closer to the spare. Only scenario I could imagine that would cause an interference would be going through a really sharp slope where the Bronco was starting to go up while the trailer was still dropping or flat. If doing that extreme a trail with a trailer you'd probably need a completely different tongue and hitch anyway.

I purchased my Andersen hitch from Tweetys.com. It was on sale with free shipping and no sales tax in CA so much better price than anywhere else I was shopping.

Good luck

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to revive a thread from the dead, but has anyone running these had any issues?
I am no engineer and while I understand the basic premise of a WDH, there is also a concern or arguement that too much of a rated tongue weight can adversely impact the towing.
Ex. WDH is rated for 800 lbs, but you only have 300 lb tongue weight. Yes the 800 lbs will distribute fine, but it puts undo burden on the Bronco's factory tow hitch..

So my questions is with the Andersen set up. the Website doesn't have different Tongue Weight set ups... they are all 1400 lbs (which i'm assuming is up to 1400 lbs)

So is it safe to say this is more of an "anti-sway" hitch versus a WDH (even though it says WD in the name). I would really like to prevent sway, and not deal with bars if I had a choice so this seems like a more reasonable/user friendly option.
Ford Bronco Andersen weight distribution hitch 1713547540548-lv

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have been using this setup for over 2 years with no issues at all. I no longer need sway bars which is one of the main reasons I went with this setup. You won't be disappointed!

Cheers!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been using this setup for over 2 years with no issues at all. I no longer need sway bars which is one of the main reasons I went with this setup. You won't be disappointed!

Cheers!
thats great to hear.
I'm gonna measure my popups frame tonight and order then.
Sponsored