Sponsored

270 Awning Mounting with folding tent (non wedge style). Post yours!

rufio

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious how every is mounting there 270 awning + folding RTT. Does everyone offset their RTT to the side so it doesn’t hit the 270 when opening? Looks like most people run a wedge style instead but those tents aren’t big enough for the family. Post your pics!!! Here’s mine while I contemplate how I want to mount the 270.
Alu-cab Shadow awning is sitting in the garage.

IMG_6200.jpeg
IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_6215.jpeg
(Image at the campsite is a test run with the family)
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unrelated to your awning, but how useful do you find the spare-tire trash bag thing? Is it useful, or more of a p.i.t.a. than it's worth?

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The side quarter panel mounts will likely cause you issues with running a 270 as the end pivot is fairly large and it will need to run a rigid flat track against the roof rack and be tied to the roof rack in 3 locations (2 minimum but some require 3 mounts) and 270s are usually fairly thick in size so you likely will need to offset the iKamper a hair so that when it tilts back open it isnt sitting on/against the awning.

Are you looking at the ikamper 270 or other brands? We carry iKamper, James Baroud, Roofnest, RuggedBound... let us know if we can assist with sourcing the awning, brackets or fitment help, you can dm us if you want!

The Roofnest is the thinner of the 270s and weighs between 29-40lbs which is about 30% lighter than the others.

OP
OP

rufio

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unrelated to your awning, but how useful do you find the spare-tire trash bag thing? Is it useful, or more of a p.i.t.a. than it's worth?
I brought firewood in it. Emptied it and used it as a trash bag. Worked great and it was cheap. Blocks the backup camera though :(

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I decided not to put it on the Bronco,

PXL_20240427_152427230.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

rufio

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t say it can’t be done. Made a ton of progress on mounting the 270 nice and low and just above the door opening. Still adding more structural components to the brackets in the picture so the hinge bracket attaches on 3 planes.
04F2E448-54C0-4193-B337-EC05DABEC5DD.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg
IMG_6266.jpeg