Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On one of the moab videos they show a glimpa of a dash in a 4door 4cyl and it was only 15.8

screenshot_20200809-074027_youtube-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then you are most likely looking at the wrong vehicle. IF you need more than 18mpg on a good day, you'll probably be disappointed.

You want to enjoy your 4WD, just fill it up when it gets empty and don't worry about it. Otherwise, there's lots of nice family SUVs that great mileage.
I actually explore off-road instead of the play acting thing. So a regular SUV won't cut it for me. But my TJ eats gasoline and my old Land Rover is not so good either. Part of buying a new Bronco would be improving the mpg, especially when driving 1000 miles from the midwest out to the Rockies. If the new Bronco is near 20 mpg that will be a significant improvement over my current 4x4s. So yeah I'm hoping the Bronco with OD and modern turbo will provide a significant increase in mpg, will see ...

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ICE Bronco is probably going to be one of the last hurrahs for solely gasoline powered SUV’s. It’s ironic that hybrid, PHEV and EV are just around the corner when gasoline prices are at a historic low.

Automakers don’t plan for the next year but for the next decade. They never saw these gas prices coming either.

But there is good for us consumers in this. By the time the PHEV and EVs are all sorted out and the prices are comparable to gasoline powered cars we will be ready for our next adventure.
In the meantime, enjoy the low gas prices and gas that engine and hear that internal combustion engine roar in all its glory.

You will be telling your children and grandchildren all about when real men drove real cars!?

Doggin_it

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Constantly changing
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’d so Be interested in what people in lifted f150s with 35s get with the 2.7. I know a few with lifted 3.5s and they lost their eco part of the boost. Lol

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those that don't know.. fuelly.com provides the best answer for this. You can look up real world numbers on Rangers and F-150 with the specific engine.

The claimed numbers by the EPA are never right and real world is lower.

Can't look them up right now but want to say the newer F150s with 2.7 were about 19 and the newer rangers 2.3 were 20.

Sasquatch is the unknown but that is why the WT is so crucial because it comes with it so we'll be able to compare the fake EPA to the other trims and go from there.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My truck is worse, so it will be an upgrade for me

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was optimistic especially with comparable Ranger numbers. However....

The Ranger 4x4 which weighs similar to the Bronco gets around 15mpg in real world use:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27452851/2019-ford-ranger-fuel-economy/

However the Ranger states 22mpg combined on the sticker.

If I can get in the 20's that would be awesome. But like any "fun" car that I've owned, like an S2000 or WRX, I would consistently get 18-19mpg, even though the sticker said 23-24 combined.

Larger tires and a manual transmission for me and I think I'd be lucky to get 15mpg.

Kind of a bummer. I was hoping for mid 20's but whatever. I ultimately don't drive much anyway and most importantly the difference between 15mpg and 20mpg for me is literally $10 a month.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2017 Fusion Sport 2.7L weighs ~4100 lbs and manages ~20mpg in mixed driving (26mpg on interstate trips at 75-80mph). Yet our 2020 Navigator 3.5L EB (450hp/500lb/ft) averages ~19mpg around town. Neither are driven “hard”. EPA estimates don’t always equate to real world fuel economy.
Yeah my Fusion Titanium gets ~23mpg w/combined and 25.8 is the highest I've seen it after a trip to Moab

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’d so Be interested in what people in lifted f150s with 35s get with the 2.7. I know a few with lifted 3.5s and they lost their eco part of the boost. Lol
I’d assume sasquatch would be similar to Raptor. Any raptor owners want to share their mileage?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the things (pre bronco) that kept me from buying a Tacoma, 4Runner, or Wrangler was their bad Gas mileage... my question is will Bronco's 2.7 Sasquatch get any better?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some real world....
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco MPG? Screenshot_20200912-055315_Chrome
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco MPG? Screenshot_20200912-055157_Chrome

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Fusion Energi over the past 5 years and 76k miles has a lifetime avg of 61 MPG.... The Bronco could get 6 MPG for all I care- I've done my part - I'm covered. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
LOL.

61 seems low actually. You must do a lot of long distance driving. My Energi was averaging in the mid 90's MPG until this COVID kept me at home for work, now it sits at 79 MPG.

It's been a great car, but a Mach-e will be replacing it before the Bronco arrives.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those that don't know.. fuelly.com provides the best answer for this. You can look up real world numbers on Rangers and F-150 with the specific engine.

The claimed numbers by the EPA are never right and real world is lower.

Can't look them up right now but want to say the newer F150s with 2.7 were about 19 and the newer rangers 2.3 were 20.

Sasquatch is the unknown but that is why the WT is so crucial because it comes with it so we'll be able to compare the fake EPA to the other trims and go from there.
Thats not always the case. It depends how you drive. I’ve always attained more than the manufacturers fuel average.
Sponsored