Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seriously. There are only a few I can tell from the pack, and that is largely due to their uniquely repulsive design characteristics - Nissan Juke and Kia Soul come to mind, though there are a couple others equally aesthetically revolting that I'm surely missing. They may be fine cars and operate well, perform all tasks asked of them, get great fuel economy, and last a decade without repair, but most of them are gutwrenching for me to look at. Call me shallow, I can't see the beauty.

Ever since the entire automotive world copied the Lexus RX series, there's almost nothing but Faberge eggs on wheels out there. Ex-wife and I had an RX400, and while it was an extremely well-built and practical vehicle, it was far from inspiring. The first company to combine "practical" with "inspiring" will make a mint... I'm hoping the new Bronco will get close, at least.
Agree completely, but Ford seems to want to sell vehicles at high profit, over any other reason.
That is their job of course, but doesn't bode well for "us", and I doubt the new Bronco ever gets
anywhere near jeep cult status. Ashame, as it's hard to get a vehicle that popular to begin with, but
to ruin it's image being shortsighted, is a whole new "crime" level..........
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, it will all come down to whether it's a real contender or a poser. The off-road environment doesn't pull any punches: it doesn't care how effortlessly the entertainment system pairs with your phone, how well laid out the climate controls are, or how nicely the interior colors compliment your eyes. If critical shit breaks when off-roading, or there are chronic repairs/weaknesses, the trail will call it out loud and clear - and there is no shortage of other-brand fanboys waiting to pounce on any shorcomings, real or percieved. It could go from promising new kid to laughing stock in a real hurry if Ford doesn't do their homework or chooses to field a pretender.

If it's capable and durable, it will earn respect. If it achieves that plus manages to be good looking, with comfort, utility, and bells and whistles that actually work, then they have a home run.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it will all come down to whether it's a real contender or a poser. The off-road environment doesn't pull any punches: it doesn't care how effortlessly the entertainment system pairs with your phone, how well laid out the climate controls are, or how nicely the interior colors compliment your eyes. If critical shit breaks when off-roading, or there are chronic repairs/weaknesses, the trail will call it out loud and clear - and there is no shortage of other-brand fanboys waiting to pounce on any shorcomings, real or percieved. It could go from promising new kid to laughing stock in a real hurry if Ford doesn't do their homework or chooses to field a pretender.

If it's capable and durable, it will earn respect. If it achieves that plus manages to be good looking, with comfort, utility, and bells and whistles that actually work, then they have a home run.
Definitely have to agree here. While I want a SFA, I don't expect they'll put one. Which means that the Bronco will either be destined for the chopping block after failing to compete with the Wrangler, or it will turn into another soccer mom/mall crawler.

I hope Ford does the Bronco right, their options are to either knock it out of the park and take home gold off road, or reduce the Bronco name to the equivalent of the 4runner, it was once a capable machine, but is now used mostly to get groceries and the kiddos from soccer and dance (I have a newer 4runner...).

I'm in my late 30s, so a new Bronco when I was a teenager was the Gen 5s, the OJ Bronco. People who remember the original Bronco, the EB, as it was new are in their 50s-60s now. The young adults who compose a lot of the 'toy' car purchasing do not remember them besides as a rebuilt antique, so if Ford doesn't get it right, there won't be the memory of what they once were to really carry that name on.

I do have to say though, the popularity of the EBs does seem to be increasing. I now see one once or twice a week, excluding when I go to the lake where I see one every day. Even a few years ago I would've only seen an EB every few weeks. But they are mostly driven by middle aged and up middle class guys like myself.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... People who remember the original Bronco, the EB, as it was new are in their 50s-60s now. ...
That demographic can have a lot of potential disposable income for things they had or wanted in younger years. I would wager they're the ones buying up the restored units and luxury resto-mods too -- but a larger portion of the population can't justify $100-300k for such a thing, but maybe $30-60k for a 6G Bronco will do the trick if it has the right look/feel and some V8 rumble.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That demographic can have a lot of potential disposable income for things they had or wanted in younger years. I would wager they're the ones buying up the restored units and luxury resto-mods too -- but a larger portion of the population can't justify $100-300k for such a thing, but maybe $30-60k for a 6G Bronco will do the trick if it has the right look/feel and some V8 rumble.
It's also too bad the 7.3 is not going to be all alum (at least the heads are).
Would be perfect offroad engine and way easier to tinker with than coyotes.
That 5.0 valvetrain is a PIA...........

Sponsored

Catlow44

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 2001 Dodge Durango SLT
We share with you our 2020 Ford Bronco renderings which provides a conceptual look at the 6th generation Bronco. For our concept Bronco, we fused styling elements from previous Bronco generations, the 2004 Bronco concept, and modern Ford trucks and SUVs. You can see the classic round headlights and square inset front grille evolved from the 1st gen Bronco, which was also showcased in the retro-futuristic 2004 Bronco concept. Our concept features a modern body on frame next generation Bronco that retains a tall, boxy, tough, no-frills design with a strong focus on utility and off-road capabilities. We fitted separate versions with different grilles, wheel fender shapes, varying ride heights, and cargo rack for some different looks.

The Ford Bronco is expected to make a return for the 2020 model year and will be a direct Jeep Wrangler competitor, with Ford planning to build a full-sized 6th generation Bronco at its Michigan Truck Plant in Wayne, Michigan. Our sources tell us that while Ford is in the early stages of planning, the company has purchased Wrangler Unlimited and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicons for benchmarking and is shooting for best-in-class capabilities, striving to exceed the JKU Rubicon's performance in certain trims of the Bronco 6G.

We think this design concept would represent a worthy successor to the storied Bronco nameplate. Let us know what you think!

2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-1.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-2.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-8.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-9.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-3.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-4.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-5.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-6.jpg
2020-Ford-Bronco-B6G-7.jpg
If the 2020 Bronco will look like this i will sell both my cars and get one for sure...other images circulating the internet, spy shots of potential versions, are very disappointing to me and I won't be purchasing one...please Ford....make something like this. Modern throwback. Not some miss-mashed collection of your present vehicles.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the 2020 Bronco will look like this i will sell both my cars and get one for sure...other images circulating the internet, spy shots of potential versions, are very disappointing to me and I won't be purchasing one...please Ford....make something like this. Modern throwback. Not some miss-mashed collection of your present vehicles.
Which "spy shots"? As far as I know, there are no "spy shots" of the Bronco - there's some potentially credible images of a test mule that may have elements of the Bronco chassis/suspension/drivetrain under it, but nothing so far of a prototype or the real production body.

Beyond the tarped clay model and the silhouette behind the "baby" Bronco, there's really not much official out there to rely on beyond fairly vague verbal accounts from the dealer meeting. Literally none of the images you cited give any clue to what the Bronco will look like.

It's too late to ask Ford for design changes - that ship already sailed.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty sure you can rest easy that the Bronco won’t resemble either of those. I don’t think Ford will market a pickup with a 3-foot bed as a Bronco, much less re-badge a Colorado and call it a Bronco.... please tell me the possibility of either didn’t actually cross your mind.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they reveal the Bronco and it looks like that I will go to the CJDR dealership that day and buy a 2020 JL Wrangler no joke.

Luckily it won’t :)

I like this rendering so much more, I think it will look a bit more like an 1st gen than this though. But for sure closer than that ugly OJ Bronco abomination. I highly doubt there will be any styling clues derived from the later broncos. Even the back of this rendering I think looks a little bit too much like the OJ Bronco.
motor3_20180712_04.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they reveal the Bronco and it looks like that I will go to the CJDR dealership that day and buy a 2020 JL Wrangler no joke.

Luckily it won’t :)

I like this rendering so much more, I think it will look a bit more like an 1st gen than this though. But for sure closer than that ugly OJ Bronco abomination. I highly doubt there will be any styling clues derived from the later broncos. Even the back of this rendering I think looks a little bit too much like the OJ Bronco.
motor3_20180712_04.jpg
haha....your taste in aesthetics is different than mine for sure. That render isn't horrible but I like the "OD abomination" much more. That front bumper to grill gap is wrong. The body lines are to soft. Needs harder lines. But this is coming from someone with a new edge Mustang, Gen 1 Lightning, and '13 F150. haha

DonovanJM

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang, 2014 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
haha....your taste in aesthetics is different than mine for sure. That render isn't horrible but I like the "OD abomination" much more. That front bumper to grill gap is wrong. The body lines are to soft. Needs harder lines. But this is coming from someone with a new edge Mustang, Gen 1 Lightning, and '13 F150. haha
Yeah, I would go with the "OJ abomination" over that one Nickp posted as well. Maybe it's because the one Nickp posted looks like a toy to me. It just doesn't look aggressive enough for me. Though I would still probably by one. :cwl: It doesn't look bad I just like the other better.

Catlow44

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 2001 Dodge Durango SLT
Yeah, I would go with the "OJ abomination" over that one Nickp posted as well. Maybe it's because the one Nickp posted looks like a toy to me. It just doesn't look aggressive enough for me. Though I would still probably by one. :cwl: It doesn't look bad I just like the other better.
yeh. it looks like the Honda element mated with a Jeep Renegade. Not my taste.

3crows

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon, Toyota Tacoma
Can somebody please explain to me all of these non-congruent renderings? Ford has stated that the top will remove or have removable panels and doors that can be removed. We also know the vehicle is to be Ranger based. So, then, why do all of the renderings show an OJ style, full size vehicle with a non-removable/convertible top and doors that clearly cannot be removed?

Uh, Ford, please build a Bronco that looks like the ORIGINAL Bronco that has a cloth top and hard top that could be switched out and doors that easily snapped off, where is that artist rendering? That is the one I want to see.

Hey, Ford, every day you wait, another truckload of Wranglers roll off the lots leaving happy sales persons, a burgeoning accessory aftermarket, excited customers with adventure capable vehicles and one less potential customer for a Bronco.

Cash in hand for a Wrangler JL Rubicon two-door, or Bronco, locked and finger on trigger, not getting any younger and Alaska is calling me ----- . And if that blurple rendering above is the final product, lol, I will be getting a new Wrangler!

J

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Uh, Ford, please build a Bronco that looks like the ORIGINAL Bronco that has a cloth top and hard top that could be switched out and doors that easily snapped off, where is that artist rendering? That is the one I want to see.
Ford hasn't bothered to show us even a concept image of what the Bronco will look like.

Apparently they would rather just leave everyone to speculate and have a bunch of angry disgruntled people who spent years anticipating something other than what Ford actually had planned all along. Indications are they had the exterior design locked in 6-9 months ago, but ****** if we know what it looks like.
Sponsored