Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In Florida on flat ground on the interstate at 75 mile an hour wind at my back gives me a 2 mpg advantages than being on my front.
Sponsored

duel007

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Bronco Badlands Lux Non-Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the math work out when filling up next and dividing the miles by the gallons? I find that the dash reads 1-ish MPG high.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I drive mostly around town and get 14mpg.
However when on the highway with cruise control I get 22,, unless I go over 70 and then it drops

The running average increases to 17, this is the combination of 14 mph town and 22 highway
I use 93 since I don't put much mileage on the ar and am mostly around town trips.
21,0b 2.7

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have noticed for years that Sunoco 93 or even 94 when you can find it does give better mileage. But as mentioned, its usually a bit more money.

Want to see some real crazy MPGs? Go find a 55mph highway and don't go over 60. I drove from the Pittsburgh airport, through downtown, and then out route 28 once. I was sustaining 22-23 mpgs until I hit the 65 limit on 28 and then my mileage dropped immediately. 4D 2.7L SAS.

I also used to regularly get well into the 30s in my '11 Camaro SS and '13 Mustang GT on 301 in Florida through the 55mph sections.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We just took a 1200mi round trip to Norfolk VA. On the way up there our gas mileage increased from 19.1 to 19.4 and I thought, OK, we're going downhill the whole way so we'll probably lose it all coming back. Came back yesterday and it actually went up since this picture to 19.7.

We recently switched to exclusively Sunoco 93, which is a bit of a pain because there aren't as many stations as other brands but my wife insisted because it consistently gives us better fuel economy. The other change was the CV Fab intercooler. I kinda doubt it's as much of a factor, but cool air does do wonders for the engine, so who knows?

2 door, 2.7 sasquatch with intake, exhaust, ford tune and cv fab intercooler.

IMG_20231023_080908.jpg
Did you install Intercooler yourself? I'm looking to do install on my 2.7L 2 Door and looking for install video on how to deal with Fan Shroud. Any issues with install? Did you consider any other intercoolers? I'm using Premium and getting a few more HP's and slightly better fuel economy.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
and another aspect, not mentioned above, is the fact that you did a LONG drive. You may have had carbon build-up that was all cleaned out with the extended drive length. I see that on my vehicles all the time, a few weeks of just local, short distance driving can already cause the problem.............

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re telling me you were able to achieve the projected average, on the highway no less?
Over 5K miles my Badlands 4 door 2.7 Sasquatch has averaged 19.4 with mostly daily driving except for a 2k mile trip to Colorado which included 2 days off road driving. It actually does about as we daily driving as highway. If they wanted to get the best possible fuel economy on these things, they wouldn’t have shaped them like a brick! Aerodynamics are not good on these at 75 MPH.

IMG_5506.jpeg

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have found Sunoco fuel to be pretty good, both in the Bronco and in the previous JKUR. OTOH, we have found that BP deliveres the worst MPG. There is more to fuel than octane, there is also a energy content variable and with some fuels and vehicles you can feel the results immediately with the butt dyno.
It isn't local to me, unfortunately. And with the difference in NoMi being a dollar a gallon we don't bother with the 93. At that price you need to see a 25% increase in economy and that doesnt happen.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also noticed a pretty decent MPG boost with the Ford Performance tune. Especially when I am able to find/use 93, as opposed to the much more widely available 91. I guess now l'll have to add an intercooler as well. Anybody notice an increase with an intake an exhaust added as too? I know most people say the intake isn't worth it with these engines...

jmeisner92

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be doing something crazy right because my average MPG is 23.2 right now (21,000+ miles and I've put all but 14 on it). I use regular fuel and follow the speed limit driving mostly 2-lane highways or backroads with a few interstate trips sprinkled in monthly. Granted, I haven't put different tires or any sort of lift/level kit on but I've been more than pleased with my mileage!

Sponsored

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2.3 auto 2Dr nonSAS Big Bend. Filled up yesterday with premium (91). Dash said I got 28.5 mpg for the tank. Pump and math said 29 mpg. I’m in the country. Don’t drive over 65 much, but that tank also included about 20 miles of gravel road. Staying off the gas and the brake and the mpg is better than I thought it would be.
I wonder if the 2-door is better on gas. My 2-door Outer Banks with the 2.7 got 24 mpg on a road trip this past weekend. Was windy and hilly too. I am totally impressed with my bronco.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just took a 1200mi round trip to Norfolk VA. On the way up there our gas mileage increased from 19.1 to 19.4 and I thought, OK, we're going downhill the whole way so we'll probably lose it all coming back. Came back yesterday and it actually went up since this picture to 19.7.

We recently switched to exclusively Sunoco 93, which is a bit of a pain because there aren't as many stations as other brands but my wife insisted because it consistently gives us better fuel economy. The other change was the CV Fab intercooler. I kinda doubt it's as much of a factor, but cool air does do wonders for the engine, so who knows?

2 door, 2.7 sasquatch with intake, exhaust, ford tune and cv fab intercooler.

Ford Bronco 2 recent changes = crazy mpg IMG_5506
Which way was the wind blowing. Always the main factor with my RV mileage :sneaky:

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that gauge hasn't been reset for around 5000 miles, it's climbed from 18 to 19.7 in the last couple months.

WeirdFlex

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, Honda CR-V, MG Midget
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just did a road trip to Dallas from the Los Angeles area. Was surprised that we made it up to 18.1ish on the onboard.

Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L w/stock 35’s

I found that anything around 68ish MPH was a good sweet spot, and drove looking at the boost gauge in the Gauges tab of MyView, more than the MPG view. Nothing incredible, but hopeful to get a better intercooler after reading this post!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on my experience, the absolute best way to impact mileage in the bronco is the tires, and how much air you put in them. Going from 36psi in the Sasquatch 34.5 tires to 39psi easily gained 1 to 2 mpg on the highway.
Sponsored