Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am considering using a winch system to lift my hardtop off. What lift points are you using? I Do have a pretty low ceiling in my garage which makes it a little more difficult. My initial idea was to install a half rack and use straps under the rack to lift but I cannot find a rack that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. I have heard of using the straps running under the top and through with the rear window up but this sounds difficult and with the low ceiling leaves me wondering about clearance. I may cut the drywall to give a little more clearance but that is a last resort.

Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciate, photos would be great!
Sponsored

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think you have to go through all that, Yesterday was the first time I took off my top, Only the front part to make sure it was easy..it was..the front is two separate pieces, super light.. Then the back, you use your tool bag that came with the bronco..my suggestion is doing it in your driveway, way more room..
Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC top winch lift questions 30744540203430

Last edited:
OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I did was find the studs, sink in 4 eye bolts, 4 tie down straps, takes about 30min start to finish.
Where on the top did you lift from? Especially in the back? Hard to see but looks like you did it with the window closed?
I don't think you have to go through all that, Yesterday was the first time I took off my top, Only the front part to make sure it was easy..it was..the front is two separate pieces, super light.. Then the back, you use your tool bag that came with the bronco..my suggestion is doing it in your driveway, way more room..
Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC top winch lift questions 30744540203430
yes, fronts are not the issue. I prefer somewhere it can be stored also that is out of the way. Also, being in a rainy climate somewhere I can put it on rather quickly and by myself if needed, this a garage hoist

Sponsored

D.G.NWA

Black Diamond
First Name
Dewane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Front hooks goes through metal mounting bracket once you pull the bolts out. The rear two hooks fit it a small recess right in the corner where the top side panel and corner panel come together, for a precaution I fold a micro fiber between the hook and top just in case. I can take the whole top off in 20-30 minutes. It takes me longer to back up in the right spot than it takes to remove the top.

D.G.NWA

Black Diamond
First Name
Dewane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also have a tight garage without a lot of ceiling height so I can only raise it up about 6 inches or so which brings me to my next point. The inside lip of top is rough and will scratch your roll bar if you you aren't completely straight coming out or backing back up under it, ask me how I know:/ I take a couple of layers of blue painters tape on the roll bar ridge where it might rub. Then when I'm clear I pull the tape off, then put more tape on before I back in. If you have a helper to hold the top clear as you pull out that would work too.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The easy answer is “ get a bigger garage”. As you can see I can’t really help with your low ceiling concern, however I can inform you the nylon straps can be fed between the top and rear glass ( glass open) and then close the glass without issue.
Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC top winch lift questions IMG_1060

OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The easy answer is “ get a bigger garage”. As you can see I can’t really help with your low ceiling concern, however I can inform you the nylon straps can be fed between the top and rear glass ( glass open) and then close the glass without issue.
Ford Bronco 2 Door MIC top winch lift questions IMG_1060
Better pic of the mustang please, there’s something in the way 😆