Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just putting out the facts here:

• The color is NOT school bus yellow. In fact, that color has been consistent for some time now.
  • As mentioned before, it's a TRI COAT!!!!! This color is going to play along with the lighting big time. It is deep, the depth to it from a pigmented topcoat is going to make the color change a lot with angle/light.
    • This picture of my Soul Red Crystal Mazda 6 gives an example of what Cyber Orange will do. You can see bright red all the way to deep cherry red as the light shifts along the front bumper.
    • detail 2020 2.0.jpg

• The color was very dynamic on the paint samples Ford had at the dealership. Going from a very pleasing light golden hue all the way to deep yellow. This color will stay interesting for many years.
    • 20200918_204607.jpg
    • On a Mustang Mach-E
      cyber orange gt performance 4.jpg
Yet another picture reminding me how awful my garage looks. Thanks Rick. ?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yet another picture reminding me how awful my garage looks. Thanks Rick. ?
That's why we're here! To help and support each-other (feel bad about ourselves). Full disclosure: it's a bit of a wreck right now. That pic was taken immediately after upgrading all the shop lighting.

FWIW: the far wall in that pic is where the floor-to-rafters shelving will go. It will easily be the largest all-metal construction project i've ever executed, eclipsing the fabled "folding stairway to rooftop dancefloor" bus project. We worked through multiple dust storms and all of the materials were donated/found in the middle of the desert. It turned out rather well considering it was a permanent structure on a bus which operates on public highways. Flux core for the win!

Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? French Quarter stairs build

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why we're here! To help and support each-other (feel bad about ourselves). Full disclosure: it's a bit of a wreck right now. That pic was taken immediately after upgrading all the shop lighting.

FWIW: the far wall in that pic is where the floor-to-rafters shelving will go. It will easily be the largest all-metal construction project i've ever executed, eclipsing the fabled "folding stairway to rooftop dancefloor" bus project. We worked through multiple dust storms and all of the materials were donated/found in the middle of the desert. It turned out rather well considering it was a permanent structure on a bus which operates on public highways. Flux core for the win!

Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? French Quarter stairs build
Very cool. My neighbor has similar interests:
https://www.adn.com/opinions/2018/0...le-coffee-shop-because-it-is-too-cool-not-to/

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

oranges-in-a-box.jpg
08fc248b-2243-4bd3-a914-86cf1952f1a7-jpeg.jpg

Close enough, but it's more of an Orange Juice.

Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? 1611769812848

I think this bottle of Orange Juice is a good example of the problem. The Juice is more of a yellow, but that cap is what we would call "Orange" Orange is basically anything that is not red or yellow.

I've stood in the paint section of home depot long enough to know, there are too many colors to choose from.

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got an up close and personal look at Cyber Orange on a Ranger this morning. No Bueno! Might have to reconsider color selection.

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw CO in person last week and my first impression was ‘ school bus ‘.
My workmate blurted out ‘ safety yellow , who would pick that ? ‘.
Its all about the lighting and angles I guess but it’s off my list now.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When initially seeing the first videos from Ford this was my color.... then I seen more and I’m thinking school bus yellow.

I wish there was a real orange...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When initially seeing the first videos from Ford this was my color.... then I seen more and I’m thinking school bus yellow.

I wish there was a real orange...
The funny thing is, when I saw a CO Ranger on the lot, my first thought was that is more an orangey yellow than I thought. It’s a tricky color for sure, and I can understand the school bus and safety yellow worries.

I wonder if they offered Chrome Yellow back in the day because it was a popular choice for fleet vehicles.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

• As mentioned before, it's a TRI COAT!!!!! This color is going to play along with the lighting big time. It is deep, the depth to it from a pigmented topcoat is going to make the color change a lot with angle/light.
  • The color was very dynamic on the paint samples Ford had at the dealership. Going from a very pleasing light golden hue all the way to deep yellow. This color will stay interesting for many years.

This is pretty much my observation looking at it on a Ranger:
Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? 0CD7F9E0-B9D2-4604-BC34-3F66BCFFDD35
Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? 46C0A550-3766-4FE7-94C9-E3B94A336F62
Ford Bronco Is Cyber Orange really Yellow? 33040D75-EF9E-4738-887C-B0E0D85A5389

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here we go again:
Colorblind mid-life-crisis males calling Anti-matter Blue, Black and now Cyber Orange, Yellow.
I guess that is why we have so many mono-chromatic grey tones for seniors to pick from.

Now tell me about this dress color (blue?, gold?, white?):
source: The_dress

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.03.08 PM.png

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks fantastic! And I know the camera isn't picking up all the depth and light reflection that your eyes were when viewing it in person.
I was just thinking: imagine the depth polished / waxed.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go see it for yourself to determine if it's what you want. I went twice; sunny and overcast. I like it, it's a cross between gold and yellow with a hint of orange depending on lighting. I think it'll go great with the bronco, its a fun vehicle that attracts attention and this color is the same, I saw cactus Grey too, probably the 2nd one I would get. Just remember that the shape of the item you're painting has alot to do with how well it looks. I wouldn't buy a yellow elantra, but a yellow jeep or bronco?! I'm in.
Sponsored